Job title- Mechanical Engineer Team Lead
Extensive and relevant industry experience. At least 15 years industry experience with 5 years in International multicultural environments with brownfield engineering and design support. Strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities and extensive technical understanding of Instrument & Control engineering principles. Proven ability in practical application of engineering standards and practices with people leadership and stakeholder management experience.
Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO), and relevant experience for piping, pipeline, valves, piping and static equipment.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating
- Ability to develop others and foster diverse relationships in a multicultural environment
- Ability to identify correct priorities of maintenance and engineering support activities
- Identify and assess safety hazards
- Ability to speak Arabic would be beneficial but not essential
- A passion and relentless drive for continuous improvement
- Strong use of IT systems to analyse data, and produce reports & KPI’s etc
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing operating teams and contractors
- Strong cultural awareness
- Able to prioritise work in a high activity environment
- Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong bias for being proactive and getting results
- Demonstrate planning, organizational and communication skills
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.