Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Inspector to join Iraq team .
- Monitor production and installation process of piping system, static and rotating equipment and perform surveillance in term of quality activity.
- Perform quality control inspection for piping system, static and rotating equipment in accordance with quality plan
- Monitor and keep site quality lead update with status of quality issue during the project
- Review and evaluate contractor and supplier quality document for accuracy and adequacy
- Support Mechanical Completion (discipline MC and system/subsystem MC walk) activity and quality/MC check-sheet documentation
- Provide expertise to site team to avoid or resolve quality problem
- Attend and contribute to kick-off meeting, readiness, pre-inspection/alignment meeting with contractor and supplier
- Confirm readiness to work, including evaluating status of key documents
- Monitor contractor and supplier quality assurance and quality control activities
- Perform surveillance and assessment of the contractor and supplier quality process and procedures
- Provide early warning of potential quality problem
- Perform inspection and verification during construction and or fabrication activities in accordance with requirement of Inspection Test Plan (ITP), Method of Statement and vendor Installation, Operation & Maintenance manual (IOM) and/or applicable standard within project scope.
- Witness contractor activities and endorsed contractor and supplier quality record as appropriately
- Ensure contractors / Sub-contractors are following approved QMS and complying to approved procedures and specifications for day to day work
- Witness acceptance test and perform final quality check prior to acceptance of equipment and material as appropriate
- Review / approve Lab test result and quality record periodically
- Steward surveillance report, corrective action report (CAR) and non-conformance report (NCR) within scope of responsibility
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor or associate degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Extensive experience in construction and inspection on piping system, static equipment (pressure vessel, tower, furnace, heat exchanger, steel structure) and rotating equipment (pump, compressor, turbine, fan and blower)
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!