Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Supervisor with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry. This is a PMC Team position that will be based on-site in Basra, Iraq. Normal working time will be 6 days per week 8 hours per day, candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
Brief description of roles and responsibilities:
- To liaise with the Client’s In-Country Team.
- Trouble-shooting the design, identifying and resolving issues with Construction Contractor by raising and resolution of Site/Technical Queries.
- Liaise with Construction Supervisors on day to day issues.
- Completing and reviewing as-built documentation.
- To attend daily/weekly progress meetings and generate status reports as requested.
- Review and acceptance of final mechanical system handover documentation on behalf of the project.
- Plan; assist in direction and execution of mechanical work, including equipment in the field, to meet project objectives.
- Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installations of all static and equipment and support systems in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Assist construction personnel with general technical details.
- Ensures that all FAT / SAT tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
- Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may. adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees.
- Interpret equipment vendor drawings and manuals, P&ID’s and piping isometrics.
- Provides resolution for technical engineering problems; coordinates application of solutions.
- Ensure project schedules are being met.
- Interact with all subcontractors during construction phase of a project.
Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical Degree preferred, although strong technical background acceptable.
- Mechanical and Piping Background.
- Sound supervisory and organisational skills.
- Clear communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Able to motivate the EPC contractor on the importance of safety.
- Familiar with ISO and OHSAS standards.
- Willing to implement new initiatives, open to new ideas, can move innovative ideas to successful outcomes.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Construction Supervisory experience essential.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Highly motivated and self-reliant.
- Confident and assertive.
- Open thinker and innovator.
- Good communicator with a willingness to share knowledge and support others.
- Must be able to communicate in English and Arabic – written and spoken.
- Manage Contractor(s).
- Close interaction with Contractors HSE Manager.
- Risk Assessment.
- SIMOPS and SAFOPS.
- Manage Construction aspects of Contract.
- Ensure Safe delivery of Project Scopes.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!