DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
DNO is seeking a Mechanical Technician to do preventive maintenance and trouble-shooting and repairs on a wide range of oil and gas production-related static and rotating equipment.
- Ensures that maintenance procedures, HSSE policies are properly followed.
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
- Performs maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner.
- Preventive maintenance routines on a variety of static and rotating mechanical equipment including pipework, valves, vessels, generators, pumps, compressors.
- Preparing and planning maintenance tasks including ordering spares, support services and developing risk assessments and work permits.
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Supervisor.
- Interface with projects with regard to construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of new equipment.
- Test and repair of faulty mechanical components.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians.
- Be able to work both in independently and in a team, environment completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
- Be able to safely complete the physical tasks associated with the essential job functions.
- Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as confined spaces, working at heights etc.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years industrial experience in variety of static and rotating mechanical equipment including pipework, valves, vessels, generators, pumps, compressors (Reciprocating compressor maintenance is an advantage).
- Maintenance experience in the Oil and Gas field.
- Must be available to work on off-shift hours, on a project or emergency basis.
- Other: (preferences) driver’s license.
- Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic blueprints or schematics.
- Excellent communication skill in English.
- Ability to work in a team.
The role of Mechanical Technician reports to Mechanical Supervisor and Maintenance Superintendent based in Kurdistan. The role will be rotational type work schedule with 29 days on / 27 days off pattern. Suitable candidates, kindly apply with a PDF version of the CV.