Support INTERSOS Medical Activity Manager/Project Manager in the implementation of the projects aiming at providing qualitative health care services in Non-Communicable diseases (NCD) patient’s management.
The Medical Activity Manager Assistant will be based in Tel Afar, with frequent visits in the area of activities.
The Medical Activity Manager Assistant will be dedicated to undertake health programme activities guaranteeing the efficient and effective sensitisation, mobilisation and participation of the targeted communities, thereby maximising programme performance. The Medical Activity Manager Assistants shall ensure that supportive supervision and training are given to the community mobilizers and DoH Medical Staff and that guidelines set in the health protocols are followed during programme implementation. The Medical Activity Manager Assistant is responsible to set up and supervise a proper circuit to ensure that every beneficiary receives an adequate medical examination, the required routine and prescribed medication and referral for additional treatment, as appropriate and according to the protocols.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment in the targeted HF. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times;
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping the Medical Activity Manager/Medical Coordinator informed; conduct data quality assessment on a weekly basis;
- Participating in planning and undertaking health surveys, rapid assessments, as well as in the monitoring and evaluation of the health program activities;
- Responsible for providing inputs and data for monthly health activities’ reports in timely manner;
- Participate and update progress in weekly technical meeting with health staff;
- Responsible for accurate record keeping, ordering and accountability of health equipment, supplies and drugs, participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material, etc.);
- Ensure the quality of the health service given in all different locations meet the expected standards;
- Responsible for the day to day management of project site activities and staff;
- Support the Medical Activity Manager in conduct trainings to build the capacity of staff/volunteers, DoH staff and the community at large;
- Performing other related duties within the clinic as may be assigned.
- Diploma in Nursing or MD, Applicants should have at least 2 years post qualifying experience and in possession of a valid practicing certificate;
- Two years of relevant professional work experience, including in a developing area, in public health or nutrition;
- Residence in the above locations;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Arabic; Turkmen is an asset;
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player;
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease;
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills;
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations;
- Manages effectively his/her own time as well as flexible and available to work over time when needed.
- Address Telafar
- Salary Offer To be shared at a later stage
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.
- Job Reference NWA/010