All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The role holder coordinates and supervises the implementation of INTERSOS’s medical activities and ensures the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities. S/he disseminates information, provides technical support to management and staff, and performs administrative functions on medical-related matters.
- Participates in the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review, operational development proposals and reports to donors.
- Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (defining medical operational priorities when needed).
- Coordinates and supervises the efficient implementation of the medical activities according to INTERSOS’s standards operating procedures, and through the correct compilation and analysis of the medical database.
- Prepares the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities(s) under his/her responsibility, and identifies non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.), reporting them to the line manager.
- Examines and inspects the efficacy of all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers) and ensures correct application according to INTERSOS policies.
- Ensures efficient pharmacy management and monitors the rational use of drugs, supervises the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs.
- In close coordination with the project medical referent (PMR), ensures proper management of the medical staff of the project (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal / external communication).
- Facilitates the circulation of information and a fluid communication within the team and between the team and the ones involved in other activities.
- Participates in the development of the plan of action together with project medical referent.
- Carries out annual individual reviews of medical staffs under his responsibility and delegating the responsibility for carrying out reviews of other personnel.
- Coordinates daily management of the team’s work plan under his/her responsibility.
- Updates the monthly medical data and prepares the monthly medical report for the Project.
- In close coordination with the HR department and the project medical referent, plans and supervises the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development, and communication) for the medical staff.
- Reports to project medical referent all the medical activities, and close coordinate before to take any decision-action.
- Cooperates with the project medical referent in ensuring a regular and constructive exchange with the NGO operating in the same area, Hospital/PHCC representative, DOH representative and other local medical actors.
- Organizes and participates in meetings with other managers in order to ensure smooth collaboration of all departments in terms of activities running.
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines.
- Any other task as assigned by supervisor
Education and professional experience:
- BS degree. Desirable specialization in Tropical Medicine or a degree in Public Health.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as medical referent in the humanitarian sector especially in fragile and unstable environments
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, etc.)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
- Demonstrate experience with different donors’ compliance and reporting
- Leadership, people management, and development, teamwork and cooperation
- Strategic Vision
- Service Orientation
- Understanding of humanitarian operations principles, standards, and best practices
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Address Telafar/West Ninewa)
- Salary Offer will be discussed in a later stage USD will be discussed in a later stage Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area