Are you passionate about medical affairs and highly motivated to make a difference in patients’ lives? Do you have great scientific dialogue and communication skills, being able to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders?
If yes, then you may be the one we are looking for as a medical advisor for Novo Nordisk in Iraq and Libya.
This position is based in Baghdad, Iraq, and covers all of Iraq and Libya. It reports directly to the head of the Medical, Regulatory, and Quality Department.
Apply now and join Novo Nordisk to enjoy a life-changing career!
The position of Medical Advisor is an essential part of the Medical Affairs team, focused on furthering scientific exchange between the company and the medical community within the areas of obesity and rare diseases therapy, with a specific emphasis on the development and execution of the medical strategy, the review of scientific content, the development of high-quality educational programs, key opinion leader (KOL) engagement, Advisory Board execution, and publication planning.
The position tasks are, but are not limited to:
- KOL Engagement: identification of KOLs and development of relationships and speaker engagements; development and conduct of advisory boards; scientific communication of up-to-date medical knowledge and clinical trial data within obesity, rare endocrine diseases, and rare blood diseases
- Medical Education: develop and implement the country’s medical education strategy; review of all sales-led medical education meetings and accredited medical education; attendance at conferences and congresses;
- Medical Guidance: adaptation of the global medical strategy for incorporation into the country brand strategy, including the creation and execution of medical strategic plans; conducting internal training; and approving promotional material.
- Drive the identification of unmet medical needs related to the development of pipeline compounds.
- You will collaborate closely with sales, marketing, market access, quality and PV, and regulatory departments in driving awareness and advocacy within the relevant therapy areas.
We require you to have at least 3 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry in the medical affairs department. You have excellent command over both written and spoken English and Arabic. You are action-oriented with a strong drive and focus on results, a team player who is customer-focused with good peer relationships, and an innovative thinker with strong project management skills.
Other important requirements are:
- A bachelor’s degree in pharmacy or medicine is a must.
- A PhD in life sciences, a Medical Degree (MD), or a postgraduate qualification is desired.
- Industry experience or clinical experience relevant to the company’s therapeutic interests in obesity, rare endocrine diseases, and rare blood diseases in particular is preferred.
- You have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and you are a proven relationship builder. You thrive in interactions with people, and you are comfortable presenting scientific evidence and can also align this with your knowledge of the healthcare systems both in Iraq and Libya.
About the Department
Novo Nordisk Iraq has a history of selling and supplying to Iraq since 1968. We are located in our office in Baghdad and employ 35 plus engaged people, all dedicated to supporting our affiliate to outperform the competition and overcome challenges related to human resources, marketing, market access, medical, regulatory, quality, finance, IT.
Working at Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is its people. We know that life is anything but linear, and balancing what is important at different stages of our careers is never easy. That’s why we make room for diverse life situations, always putting people first. We value our employees for the unique skills they bring to the table, and we work continuously to bring out the best in them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 40,000 employees. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life-changing.
Please click on “Apply Now” to submit your resume in English.
Apply before March 28, 2023.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.