Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following position:
Medical Doctor Supervisor
Place of work: Sinuni General Hospital
Deadline for application: 05-06-2022
Main purpose of the job:
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions. Supporting the Project Medical Referent through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to National Staff Health, Staff planning, referral system, data collection and analysis and pharmacy management in ER.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Context and Position Specific Accountabilities:
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the hospital, Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Responsible for Sinuni National Staff Health, with proper implementation of the National Staff Health Policy. Perform frequent evaluations of the health structures that can serve as reference centers for patients
- Ensure the follow-up of National staff health policy. Support in proper follow-up of administrative procedures related to staff heath (sick leave, Covid-19 isolation and quarantine and reimbursement cost, etc.) Close communication of Covid-19 results status to affected staff supervisor and follow up of Covid-19 leave.
- Liaise with the referral Focal point in Mosul and Dohuk for referral from Sinuni Hospitals Emergency Room and Mental Health departments, ensuring appropriate patient referral (from Sinuni General hospital & COVID-19 Isolation) in coordination with Project Medical Referents.
- Support the Project Medical Referent in the development and documentation of protocols related to referral of our patients.
- With the collaboration of the Expat Medical Doctor, ensuring referral of patients whose health condition requires the consultation of a specialist (e.g. to the doctor for all difficult/complicated cases, to the reference, hospital for emergency hospitalization, to the nutritional centre for children presenting signs of malnutrition,, etc.,) in order to ensure the most appropriate health care.
- Monitoring the rational use of medicines and medical equipment, in order to ensure efficient health care treatments under budget constraints and to avoid service disruption.
- Supporting and participating in the management of the medical team (rosters, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project.
- With the Project Medica Referent, participating in the management of the pharmacy for ER: organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management of medical team as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports
- Responsible for COVID-19 data encoding in the DHIS2 system
- Responsible for all Covid-19 data including the line list.
- Responsible for patients and staff covid-19 results from testing facility, interpretation of results and relaying the same to the staff.
- Participate actively in communication with patients and relatives in case of patient safety incident or patients’ complaints.
- Participate actively in communication with patients and relatives who need referral to higher facilities, particularly COVID-19 referrals. Deploy approaches to win patient’s acceptance to referral facility
- In collaboration with Head nurse and Infection Prevention and Control supervisor: support the follow-up of IPC (especially Covid-19 preventive measures) by all National Staff and expats in the project. Follow up of national staff vaccination status, both Covid-19 as well other recommended ones.
- Support the Project Medical Referent by organizing awareness sessions for all MSF staffs on medical topics and National staff health policy.
- Supervise the management of ER medical archives ensuring safe archive of patient’s files.
Specific requirements for the role:
|Education||– Essential: BA degree in Medicine Science or equivalent in a related allied health.|
|Experience||– Essential: Minimum 2 years of previous experience in the position or similar.
– Desirable: Previous work experience in a developing country with MSF or other INGOs.
– Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health.
– Emergency experience.
|Skills and Knowledge||– Essential: Previous experience in team supervision and/or activity management positions and planning
– Pedagogical skills and experience in teaching and training
– Desirable: experience in or familiar with implementing and promoting in two or more different activities
– Strong organizational and communication skills
– Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
|Languages –||– Essential: Excellent command of English.
– Fluency in Kurmanji and Arabic
|Competencies||– Commitment to MSF principles L2
– Behavioural Flexibility L3 / Results and Quality Orientation L3
– Teamwork and Cooperation L3 / People Management and Development L2
What we offer:
- Applicants under DOH Contract will be remunerated in accordance to the Incentive Grid (level 09).
- 100 % activity rate.
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
- Address Sinuni General Hospital
- Salary Offer MSF Incentive Grid
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card + Diploma) in the CV box at the entrance of the Sinuni General Hospital or in MSFCH Sinuni CV box. Or by email [email protected] . Please indicate “MEDICAL DOCTOR SUPERVISOR” on the envelope or as email subject. ENGLISH CV ONLY / Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process We may take down this vacancy in case we’ve reached the required number of applications.
- Job Reference [email protected]