Position: Medical Science Liaison -Therapeutic
Reports to: Sales & Marketing Area Manager
Full Time Job
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a non-promotional field based scientific expert in a given therapeutic area(s) that strategically supports the medical and scientific objectives across a product life cycle. The MSL serves to enhance the scientific credibility of AbbVie with established and emerging external experts (i.e. KOLs or Thought Leaders) by engaging in scientific dialogue and collaborations in the areas of research, medical and scientific exchange, including facilitation of requests for scientific and medical information.
MSLs facilitate communication of information about AbbVie’s marketed products to ensure informed decisions in clinical practice as well as communicate on pipeline compounds and data to ensure clear understanding for research purposes (in compliance with national laws, regulations and guidelines). Based on therapeutic needs and product life cycles, focus on certain responsibilities will vary to a greater or lesser degree.
MSLs are viewed as peer scientific experts in a designated therapeutic area. They combine strong business acumen, market awareness, as well as clinical expertise, and serve as a conduit of information to a cross functional stakeholder base internally. MSLs are members of the Medical Affairs team and frequently interact with other members of the affiliate medical department as well as work collaboratively with other cross functional in-field team members to ensure a coordinated approach to best meet stakeholder needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify and develop professional trusting relationships with external experts in therapeutic areas of interest within assigned geography.
- Conduct balanced, peer-to-peer, scientific dialogue, with external experts to inform on AbbVie products across the lifecycle within the given therapeutic area.
- Engage in robust scientific exchange on relevant disease state topics.
- Deliver credible scientific presentations to external experts and healthcare professionals where requested to address medical or scientific knowledge gap.
- Facilitate medical and scientific field intelligence (data point and observations collection) for example, competitor information or activities, new developments in a specific area, educational activities – and report back through the appropriate channels.
- Engage investigators working on AbbVie clinical studies. Responsibilities can include, but not limited to, investigator identification, study initiation training (compound and data, study background) and scientific information support). MSLs also liase with healthcare professionals regarding unsolicited requests for investigator initiative studies (IIS) and facilitate IIS related communications.
- Serve as a point of contact for external experts within an assigned geographic area to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant AbbVie medicines, to support their safe, effective and appropriate use including reactively responding to healthcare professional’s unsolicited requests for off label information.
- Upon request, assist external experts with requests for access to AbbVie medicines on a named patient or compassionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure a strong medical and scientific presence for AbbVie in key academic centres by facilitation of research and educational initiatives while supporting requests for medical and scientific information on products or areas of therapeutic interest to AbbVie.
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted in accordance to all applicable local laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, AbbVie policies/procedures and accepted standards of best practice.
- Maintain high level of current scientific expertise in relevant Abbvie products, overall therapeutic area and relevant disease states and competitive landscape.
- Work with internal colleagues to develop and execute a territory external expert engagement plan designed to support and meet the defined medical objectives and healthcare professional’s needs.
- Collaborate, as appropriate, with other in-field teams to help address the scientific /medical needs of a geographical area/account.
- Serve as a scientific resource to internal AbbVie functions including Commercial partners, as appropriate in line with internal compliance policies, to support activities.
- Delivers scientific training sessions for internal teams such as sales, marketing and members of the brand team to develop their scientific and technical expertise.
Attend relevant scientific meetings and congresses and collaborate with internal colleagues to develop summaries of key data and other scientifically relevant information to inform AbbVie strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Advanced degree in health sciences or clinical discipline required. Medical background certificate (MD, Pharmacy degree).
- Greater than or equal to 2 years of clinical, scientific/research, or industry related experience or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific. objectives of a pharmaceutical company preferred.
- Experience in a Medical Science Liaison (or similar) role with proven success preferred.
- Ability to interpret clinical data and clearly communicate on key aspects of the data and impact to practice/patients.
- Ability to quickly learn about new subject areas and environments.
- Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for the assigned therapeutic area, and in medical research in general.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills (local language and English preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional team and in matrix environment.
- Robust understanding of local healthcare environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to travel frequently within stipulated geographical area, and on occasion nationally/internationally
- Address Baghdad
- Salary Offer Fixed salary USD Fixed salary Month
- How to apply Send your CV and Resume to :[email protected]