The USAID-funded Ta’afi program is working towards a more stable and inclusive Iraq. Utilizing a rapid grants mechanism, the program establishes partnerships with local governments, civil society organizations, and youth groups in an inclusive manner to implement activities that strengthen community resilience. This is realized by encouraging collaborative action among Iraqis to tackle common causes and empowering initiatives and efforts that aid communities in responding to challenges. The program operates across Iraq, focusing on the provinces of Anbar, Basrah, Ninewa, Salah al-Din, and Thi Qar.
The MEL Officer will report to MEL Manager.
location: Erbil with any other designated locations by the program
- Drafts monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans for grants in coordination with MEL team members
- Develops and tests information flow mechanisms, and data collection and analysis tools for profiling, assessment, monitoring, and evaluation purposes as necessary
- Supports MEL manager to ensure timely, accurate, and reliable high-quality data collection, reporting, and analysis for baseline studies, activity monitoring, surveys, pre/post-intervention assessments, and evaluations using quantitative and qualitative tools, including but not limited to focus group discussions, key informant interviews, qualitative observation, and surveys
- Uploads MEL data and maintains USAID/OTI Activity Database records on project activities in an organized and timely manner. Liaises with MEL associates and other field-based staff to ensure consistency in qualitative and quantitative information collected and captured for USAID/OTI Activity Database entries
- Works with MEL team members and reporting and communications officer to analyze and report on emerging program trends, lessons learned, and other factors to better inform program development and reporting and create a robust feedback loop
- Conducts grant evaluations, identifies lessons learned, and shares relevant information with the broader team to support team-wide learning
- Conducts and documents periodic site visits and attends grantee events and activities to collect data for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Works with the program team and other relevant staff to monitor and provide analysis of emerging political events in Iraq, and to provide recommendations to the senior management team and USAID/OTI on opportunities to address these events with grants or other activities
- Assists program development officers, and others as needed, to review USAID/OTI Activity Database entries during activity development
- Contributes to the capacity building of partners and grantees on monitoring and evaluation topics
- Participates and provides input into the development of the program strategic framework, objectives, and proposes concepts for yellow light.
- Lead on thematic and regional cluster reviews and evaluations with presenting the findings and ensuring adaptation of the program.
- Conducts site visits frequently to inside Baghdad, Nasiriya, Basra and Erbil to build better partnership with Ta’afi partners and assess the success/gaps with the program.
- Attends and contributes to weekly concept review meetings by developing theories of change and strategic value of the activity
- Other duties as assigned
- Address Erbil, Iraq
- How to apply Application Instructions If you are interested please apply through the below link before 24 December 2023. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/dfcb7affc91840218056a9106e697d49