Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Participate in the planning, supervision and coordination of mental health / psycho-social related services in the programme in accordance with MSF standards in order to provide the most appropriate mental health support for patients.
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Mental Health activity manager and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
• Coordinates activities of counseling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, ICRC and NGO) on mental health matters, including referral services.
• Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate support for clients with psychosocial needs
• Liaise with the other MSF team members of the project.
• Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
• Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial functioning.
• When needed, give psychological support to patients according to MSF protocols to improve mental health conditions of patients and enhance their functionality.
• Compile the data and statistic linked with Mental Health activities and report to the Mental Health activity manager
• Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental he
- counsellors in collaboration with the Mental Health Activity Manager.
• Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- To asses, the diagnosis, and management of patients on regular basis as Psychologist as per MSF protocols in the context accountability.
• Education: Degree in psycho-social or related field essential.
• Experience: Psycho-social counselling experience of at least 2 years. Experience in clinical psychotherapy, psychiatric care, gender-based violence is highly desired
• Language: Fluency in Arabic and English (written and verbal)
• Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- How to apply Deadline for receiving job applications is 31st of Jan 2024 at 4:30 PM If you are confident about your qualifications meeting the requirements, please send your CV’s to [email protected] and mention the job title in the subject line “MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR” or drop your application in closed envelope and mention the job title on it “MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR” in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office in East Mosul Note: Only applications sent via the above-mentioned email or physically submitted in the CV box will be taken into consideration.
- Job Reference MENTAL HEALTH SUPERVISOR (Female Only)