- Brief Overview of the Position:
- The Iraqi Institution for Development (IID) is seeking a qualified and experienced individual for the position of MHPSS-PVE Spatialized Officer. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in advancing the organization’s mission by overseeing Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) activities with a focus on preventing violent extremism (PVE). This position will be based in Ninawa with occasional travel to Babil.
- Key Responsibilities:
As the MHPSS-PVE Spatialized Officer:
- Develop and implement strategies to integrate mental health and psychosocial support into programs aimed at preventing violent extremism.
- Supervisor to the social officer and case managers
- Collaborate with the Program Manager and other stakeholders to design and implement spatialized initiatives that address community needs in Ninawa and Babil.
- Conduct assessments to identify mental health and psychosocial needs within the target communities.
- Lead the planning and execution of training programs for community members and local partners on MHPSS and PVE.
- Ensure effective coordination with relevant stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and community leaders.
- Report directly to the Program Manager, providing regular updates on project progress and challenges.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of five years of experience: Proven track record with a minimum of five years in a similar role within the NGO sector.
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as International Development, or Social Sciences.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic. Ability to effectively convey complex ideas and foster understanding among diverse stakeholders.
- Negotiation and Diplomacy: Strong negotiation and diplomatic skills to navigate complex relationships and conflicts effectively.
- Team Collaboration: Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and external partners.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and a fast-paced work environment.
- Address Ninawa with occasional travel to Babil
- How to apply If you are passionate about making a positive impact and have the required experience, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] by 4 January 2024. IID is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Join IID and be a catalyst for positive change!