Mission East worked in Dohuk from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. Our current programme in Iraq focuses on psychosocial support, shelter, distribution of non-food items, WASH, and cash assistance in Nineveh and Kirkuk Governorates.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
Key tasks include:
The safe transportation of Mission East staff.
The safe transportation of Mission East materials
The care and maintenance of the vehicles and their accessories.
- Minimum two years’ work as a professional driver.
- No road safety-related fines or convictions Through knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Good knowledge of the of Erbil governorate, as well as Ninawa-Mosul city-Kirkuk-Sinjar
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks
- Drivers must display an attitude and behaviour that reflects well on both themselves and Mission East
- Able to be flexible with working hours
- Strict adherence to the Mission East’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks.
- Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet. Maintaining the vehicle clean, fuelled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the Transport manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Legally registered SUV vehicle 10-15 seats above 2016.
- Minimum secondary school, preferably college degree.
- Valid driving license.
- Car should be registered in the driver’s name.
- Highly preferably previous experience with NGOs.
- Spoken Kurdish and Arabic will be an advantage.
- Basic to medium level spoken English is preferred.
Preferably previous training in first aid, defensive driving courses.
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CV’s with a copy of each “Personal ID, Valid Driving license, and Vehicle registration form with a filled Quotation form on [email protected] with indicating the ” Mini Bus Driver with Bus (ME/NIN/SIN/104/062020) “ in the subject line of the email no later than Jun 16th, 2020. otherwise your application will not be considered. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer.
6 Months contract