Purpose of Division:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 . Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief’s (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Worldwide Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelters.
Islamic Relief Iraq is implementing various projects under different sectors namely GBV, WASH, Livelihood, Food Security, Food Item and Non-food Item distribution, Education and Health. Under the guidance of CD, the MEAL Coordinator is to be responsible for the overall monitoring, review and evaluation of IR projects in Iraq and to convey the relevant indicators and measures to assess the overall impact of these projects using the professional monitoring and evaluation approaches, techniques and reports based on the overall country strategy and program requirements.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his or her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and staff.
Key Accountability 1: Programme Design, Planning, Development and Quality:
- Participate in programme/project development (i.e. proposal writing) through assisting in project design – i.e. developing and maintaining needs assessment data collection tools (HH questionnaires, FGDs check list) and lead on the development of logical frameworks and MEAL plans in project proposals (formulate SMART indicators with clear MoVs/SoVs)
- Develop and Maintain a robust M&E and Accountability systems to measure achievement and progress toward Humanitarian Projects’ goals and results
- Support the IR Iraq Programmes processes, particularly on logic of intervention (program logical frameworks and MEAL plans), and contribute to ensuring adherence to IRM’s program quality standards.
- Strengthen planning and monitoring processes of IR Iraq, S/He will provide support to programme teams for development of monthly, quarterly and annual plans of their relevant projects.
- Support Programme Department in ensuring that all programmes/projects are designed and implemented in accordance with international standards (i.e. SPHERE, CHS)
Key Accountability 2: Monitoring and Evaluation System Development and Implementation
- Develop and establish specific processes, methodologies and tools for MEAL, in line with IR Iraq minimum donor requirements, working closely with IR Iraq Programme teams within the fragile context of the Iraq response.
- Oversee and support MEAL and project staff in timely implementation of monitoring framework and tools, to ensure quality and consistent information is available on program performance and impact.
- Oversee quality assurance of all field data collection exercises, data management, and analysis. Write reports with qualitative and quantitative MEAL findings. Identify, test and roll-out new monitoring approaches and methods (e.g. mobile data collection, participatory methods).
- Ensure that verifiable data are regularly collected and analyzed across projects, shared with relevant stakeholders to inform programme/project design and review
- Work closely with Protection and Inclusion Coordinator in ensuring that all MEAL processes, methodologies and tools are gender sensitive.
- Develop qualitative and quantitative reporting format in compliance with donors’ requirements and contribute in timely and quality reporting on IR Iraq ongoing projects in all governorates, demonstrating accountability and learning
Key Accountability 3: Accountability
- Ensure high standards of accountability by establishing good communication and information sharing within and outside the organization and facilitating participation of community and other stakeholders at all stages of the project cycle.
- Ensure that project activities are designed to promote feedback, response mechanisms and systems that manage complaints
- Ensure that all staff at all levels understand and promote accountability through training and coaching, Supervise the implementation of complaints-response mechanism, Support in producing and sharing good quality reports.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian projects are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Standard, CHS and Red Cross Code of Conduct
Key Accountability 4: Learning’s and Knowledge Management
- Establish and maintain a system for organizational learning (i.e. developing tools & guidelines, dissemination of learning & good practices)
- Support identification of innovation in programming and ensure evidence-based results are applied in designing programmes/projects.
- Identify opportunities to communicate programme/project learning and information sharing/learning exchanges with other actors
- Support Programme and Communications departments in the development of relevant modules and resource materials to support quality programming.
- Support the project team and partners in extracting lessons learnt and good practices, and documenting case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
- Organize monthly, quarterly and annual reviews and learning events to ensure quality program implementation and documentation of lessons learned.
- Design and manage evaluations in compliance with IRW’s evaluation policy, from development of ToR, to advising management on approval of final report, to dissemination of evaluation findings and recommendations with intended audiences
Key Accountability 5: Staff Capacity Building, Mentorship and Development
- Provide leadership and guidance to MEAL personnel at IR Iraq
- Ensure that all MEAL project staff understand and are able to perform their roles
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
- Conduct orientation of project staff on MEAL systems, tools and formats.
- Ensure staff, volunteers trainings/orientation on tools prior to assessment, baseline, PDMs.
- A) EDUCATION/TRAINING
- University degree in Social Sciences, Development studies or related field
- B) EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field of M&E working with INGOs
- Extensive experience in working for INGOs on Development fields with a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- Fluent written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
- D) COMPETENCIES
Core Values (Required):
- Commitment, Diversity, Inclusion and Integrity
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts., Planning and Organizing.
- E) CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
- F) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
- Address Atconz R2/70
- Salary Offer According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale USD According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale Month
- How to apply Dear Applicant: If you are a Programme person, experienced, competent, reliable, service minded, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the filled and completed form to: [email protected] before the closing time & date (Sunday, 04:00 pm, 07 January 2024). - Please write the position title: (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator) in the subject of the email. - CVs will not be accepted. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer. Our values and commitment to safeguarding IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures. https://islamicrelief-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/harem_hadi_ir-iraq_org/ERm4xi3TiQxMub196vnlQZEBXLy0CX8LibNfR6xMtAd8dA?e=aahE3Z
- Job Reference https://islamicrelief-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/harem_hadi_ir-iraq_org/ERm4xi3TiQxMub196vnlQZEBXLy0CX8LibNfR6xMtAd8dA?e=aahE3Z