Under the recently-awarded Iraq PMES contract, MSI provides USAID/Iraq with utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of the contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches. The project involves services across four components: (1) Performance Management, (2) Evaluation Services, (3) M&E Capacity Building, and (4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA). The project will have offices Baghdad and Erbil.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position**
The M&E Specialist will work under the direction of the Senior M&E Specialist (SMES). The M&E Specialist will support activities under all four components of this dynamic project. These are full time positions, based in Baghdad and Erbil.
- Manage evaluations, assessments, and other research tasks
- Provide quality control for short term technical assistance (STTA) and subcontractors hired to support evaluations, assessments, and other research tasks
- Ensure STTA and subcontractor staff are adequately trained and supervised for successful implementation
- Work with Mission staff and implementing partners on Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans
- Complete data quality assessments to determine the validity, reliability and integrity of performance data gathered to monitor program performance as required
- Conduct monitoring, evaluation and learning capacity building services
- Support CLA assistance under Component 4
- Support the PMES third-party monitoring program, as needed
- Lead the preparation of MEL training materials and coordinate the delivery of learning events, trainings and coaching sessions
- Support SMES in ensuring that all MEL designs and data collection and analysis approaches reflect Iraq’s gender, ethnic and religious diversity
- Work with the MSI home office to produce and disseminate messages through case studies, success stories and social media efforts, as requested by USAID
- Help the team develop new and better ways to use MEL to support USAID/Iraq and its implementing partners to improve the lives of Iraqis
- Undergraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, social sciences, statistics or related field is required. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of five years relevant experience required
- Experience managing USAID project M&E activities including collecting and reporting on gender-specific metrics
- Experience designing and carrying out M&E studies, reviews and/or evaluations
- Experience designing and applying qualitative and quantitative data collection tools
- Experience delivering M&E training and mentoring and developing staff required
- Demonstrated teamwork skills and ability to work effectively with partners and stakeholders
- Strong analytical report writing skills and excellent communications skills in English
Reasonable Accommodations:MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.