The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Najaf
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Movement Cooperation Officer 1
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal)
Location: Iraq – Najaf Sub-Delegation
Date of Issue: 12 January 2021
Deadline for applications: 26 January 2021
The ICRC is a neutral, impartial and independent organization, which has been working in Iraq for 40 years. Its exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situation of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC endeavors to alleviate suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Movement Cooperation Officer 1 contributes to developing the Cooperation Department’s strategies and will ensure effective elaboration and follow up of both programmatic and operational aspects, to ensure proper programme / project and financial management compliance.
The Movement Cooperation Officer 1 will contribute to establishing and maintaining a conducive working relationship with the IRCS in the Southern Governorates of Iraq. She/he will contribute to the roll out of the Safer Access Framework and mainstream partnership and cooperation within the ICRC, fostering productive relationships with the different technical departments, and the Partner National Societies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooperation responsible in Najaf Sub-delegation for the South Iraq region with a core focus to align Cooperation strategy and initiatives with ICRC field operational priorities and the needs and ambitions of the IRCS;
- Plan, organize and conduct on-site work in the Subdelegation, in consultation with Head of Subdelegation (HoSD) and technical manager, based on the annual Cooperation Plan of Action and Subdelegation priorities;
- Identify and recommend ways of engaging with and strengthening the network with IRCS to identify priority branches;
- Identify opportunities to increase or strengthen existing or potential joint or supported principled response with IRCS branches;
- Provide guidance and opportunities to HoSD, Field Delegates and technical colleagues on maintaining good relationships with local IRCS staff and volunteers, promoting the establishment and maintenance of contacts and relationships at the management level, between the governorate branches and HoSD/Field Delegates, as well as at the technical/programme level;
- Provide relevant information, sound guidance and advice to the HoSD/Field Delegates and Cooperation management team related to strengthening relationships, operational partnerships and coordination with the IRCS and other Movement partners;
- Channel all relevant information to the appropriate person(s) accurately and in a timely manner;
- Ensure HoSD and technical manager is fully aware of all relevant cooperation matters in South Iraq region ;
- Contribute a written submission regularly to the Subdelegation reporting and contribute to other Cooperation and HoSD/O reporting and statistics;
- Collect and record information accurately, according to ICRC reporting standards, capturing important meeting minutes, outcomes of Field trips and highlights and forwarding them to all who would benefit from the information including HoSD/Field Delegates and Baghdad Cooperation.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree (or equivalent experience) in Social / Human Sciences (e.g. International Relations, Sociology, Education, Communication, etc.).
- At least 3 – 5years of programme and operational management experience.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a humanitarian / international field relevant to Movement Cooperation (inside or outside the ICRC, e.g. NGOs, INGO Civil Protection).
- Team leadership skills
- Good command (spoken and written) of English and Arabic.
- Computer proficiency (especially Word, Excel and Power-point).
- Very good communication skills, analytical skills, and good negotiation skills.
- Able to work under stress.
- Prepared to spend time doing field visits.
- Willingness to learn, to adapt and be flexible.
- Capacity to treating information confidentially
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
- How to apply To Apply Interested candidates should forward the following to ([email protected]). Updated Curriculum Vitae A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications Salary expectations “Please highlight in the subject of the email the following points: 1- Job title that you are applying for. 2- Specify the recruitment channel. 3- Put the ICRC site as well that you are applying for. For this post as an example the subject of the email should be like this: “Movement Cooperation Officer/vacanciesiniraq.com/ICRC NAJ”. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq. Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately. As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply. _________________________________________________________________________________________ The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org No Fee: ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).