- Location: Baghdad
- Period and Duration of the assignment/Services: 32 working days
- Estimated start date: 30- 09-2022 . Estimated End date: 31-12-2022
- Academic Qualifications:
An advanced university (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law is required. A first-level university degree OR equivalent academic education, professional training with certification from a recognized international/national police, customs or other staff training institution, with specialization in criminal justice, crime prevention, criminal investigation, law enforcement, border management, border working techniques and/or related areas, in combination with additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification or other qualification in training design and delivery is an advantage.
- Years of Experience:
A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in law, criminology, or another criminal justice field at both national and international levels is required.
- Expert knowledge of trafficking in persons, smuggling of migrants, the UN Convention against Transnational Organized Crime and its supplementing Protocols against Trafficking in persons and Smuggling of Migrants is required;
- Expert knowledge of international human rights law and its application to human trafficking and migrant smuggling cases, including in relation to victim/witnesses and the right to a fair trial is required;
- Working experience with Government entities and International Organizations is required;
- Strong knowledge on how to integrate gender and human rights considerations into criminal justice interventions is desirable.
- Language Required:
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and Arabic (i.e. oral and written proficiency and excellent drafting skills) is required. Knowledge of Kurdish language is an advantage.
- Address Baghdad USD Month
- How to apply Please submit the following document to [email protected] • CV (PDF) • Graduation Certificate. Kindly write ( support the development of the Standard Operating Procedures on Trafficking in person cases ) on the subject of the Email IMPORTANT NOTE: If the candidate is currently employed by a government institution, he/she must be able to provide an unpaid leave of absence for the duration of the consultancy.