1- Position title: – National Operations/Quality Assurance Officer
2- Organization Type: – Stars Orbit
3- National Grade: – A-LCS
4- Number of positions: – 1 position
5- Duration: – Six months, renewable depending on satisfactory performance and availability of funds
– Duties and Responsibilities
•Rapid response to Explosive Hazards (EH)/Unexploded Oordinance (UXO)/Improvised Explosive Devises (IED) blast incidents in high-risk areas.
•Rapid deployment to clearance sites in high-risk locations in liberated areas.
•Independent movement to very high-risk areas where clearance operations are taking place.
•Provide technical expertise, skills and in country knowledge for the performance of a specific task in an extremely high threat environment to clearance organisations.The team will be assigned to oversee, mentor and guide EH Clearance Contractors or NGOs contracted to UNMAS in specific areas of responsibilities.
•As part of the EHM operations team, conduct routine operational visits & ensure that all visit (operational & QA) data is recorded, filed correctly & captured within the Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA).
•In the absence of the international Ops/QA Officer, take full responsibility of the EH Clearance Contractor or NGO within your Area of Responsibility.
•Follow up with EH Clearance Contractors or NGOs on operational site visits & meetings, to check on follow up points & potential required corrective actions.
•Reporting to UNMAS International Ops/QA Officer, highlighting potential challenges, negatives & positives, supporting the Project & Operations management.
•Assist in liaison with EH Clearance Contractors, NGOs and stakeholders to ensure full cooperation in matters of operational EH activities, including new gender provisions, where necessary.
•Support close, effective interaction and coordination of the integral aspects of EH clearance activities, such as Community Liaison, Survey, Clearance & Risk Education.
•Support UNMAS gender team to effectively mainstream gender into project components.
•Participate with UN agencies during field missions when required & tasked by the International Ops/QA Officer.
•Provide advice to the International Ops/QA Officer on requirements for different tools & assets that can play significant role in improvement of performance & productivity of EH resources on the ground.
•Support sampling & post clearance operations/post impact assessments carried out in the AOR, as & when required.
•Assist the Ops/QA Officer in overall in EH Clearance Contractors and NGOs’ Desk & Operational review process.
•As a part of the EHM operations team, provide guidance on any specific corrective actions to be taken by EH Clearance Contractors or NGOs, following an inspection, and incase critical non conformit were foundy, or non performance.
•Manage operations team assets.
•Draft reports & notes from visits & meetings where needed.
•Ensure proper maintenance of all operations related documentation.
•All actions of the Clearance Contractor or NGO must comply with regulations of the Directorate of Mine Action (DMA), ensuring the conduct of safe and effective EH Clearance operations.
•Visit clearance operations in high risk areas at least twice a week, these visits will include one External Quality Assurance (EQA) assessment conducted on the clearance operation / other operational / training activity done by the EH Clearance Contractor or NGO.
•Mentorship of the EH Clearance Contractor or NGO;
– Weekly EQA;
– Weekly visit to HQ and observe general day-to-day activities, administration as well as clearance.
– Advice & guidance where needed.
•Be fully aware of any security or local factors that will have an effect on EH Clearance Contractors or NGOs in the AoR to ensure problems are anticipated and solutions advised of.
•During VIP visits;
– Early warning to all role payers and stakeholders that will be involved during the visit (use SWP 21 as guidance);
– Organise a ”dry-run” of all activities a day or two before the actual visit;
– Prepare the team and clearance activities accordingly.
•Liaison with UN-organisations and NGO’s to ensure full cooperation in matters of QMS.
•Joint QA visits with DMA.
– Be prepared to meet up with DMA and attend an EQA with them.
– Be tactful and professional in all actions, also remind the Clearance Contractor or NGO that UNMAS expects them to behave in a professional manner when any visitors arrive on-site.
•Act as leave cover for the International Ops/QA Officer and other National Operations/Quality Assurance Officerwhen required.
•Liaise with the local UNMAS Security point of contact prior to deployment to site to receive the latest security information and UNDSS advice that might be needed.
•Ensure correct maintenance of all QM related administrative tasks and other tasks as identified by the Ops/QA Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Quality Management, Communications, Education or another relevant field is required.
• Military/police college or junior command & staff course combined with relevant experience may be accepted.
• Qualification on Project or Operations Management is an asset.
• Recognized training on any of the following: Non-technical survey, risk education, community liaison, information management or other relevant Mine Action related training is required.
• EOD qualification from a recognized training establishment is desirable.
• Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
- Address Ninewa (Mosul)
- How to apply 1. Please submit the following document to [email protected] • CV (PDF) Kindly write (National Operations/Quality Assurance Officer / Mosul) in the subject of the Email IMPORTANT NOTE: If the candidate is currently employed by a government institution, he/she must be able to provide an unpaid leave of absence for the duration of the consultancy.