Job Posting: Nov 14, 2021, 1:54:13 PM
Closing Date: Nov 29, 2021, 1:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Iraq-Baghdad
Organization: EM_IRQ WHO Representative’s Office, Iraq
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The overall objective of the programme is to strengthen health systems in Iraq in order to accelerate progress towards universal health coverage, in particular by ensuring effective implementation of the Iraq Health Sector Modernization Program and other programs related to primary health care and non-communicable diseases in the country
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the WHO Representative, Iraq, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:1. Provide support to the project team in Baghdad for achievement of the objectives of I-PSM and the roadmap for modernization of health sector in Iraq as well as manage the day-to-day work related to project implementation. 2. Support the development and ensure effective implementation of the project work plan by collecting and analyzing information on problems faced in IPSM and recommend effective and timely solutions.3. Coordinate regularly with members of the Modernisation Unit in MoH and the Ministerial Advisory Committee and other national stakeholders including national committees, sub committees and taskforces, to ensure harmonization in activities of I-PSM. 4. Provide technical support to NCD (including mental health and injuries program) by working closely with the government counterparts.5. Represent WHO in meetings with senior government officials as well as multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies, advocate and promote WHO program goals and objectives, and communicate with major partners on organizational policies. 6. Prepare and deliver periodic reports to the Program Manager on the progress in activities of IPSM in the Health sector.7. Identify and contribute to the recruitment of qualified specialized expertise in various aspects of I-PSM as needed; and provide support to the missions of external experts. 8. Contribute to implementing program work plans, monitor compliance and provide training, support and guidance to the program team especially in the area of PHC in order to meet objectives. 9. Maintain regular working relations in related areas of Health system particularly at PHC level with Government officials, stakeholders, UN agencies and NGO’s to ensure better coordination and programme implementation. 10. Undertake oversight field visits and reviews to monitor and evaluate implementation, identify bottlenecks, propose and authorize remedial action in the field related to I-PSM, NCD and PHC programs. Propose and decide on alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve service delivery and ensure capacity building and program sustainability.11. Facilitate the implementation of JPRM by periodically reviewing the programmatic activities with program managers and WHO Technical Officers
Essential: University degree in Medicine and Master’s degree in public health, public administration or management.
Desirable: Doctoral degree in Public Health
Essential: At least 7 years of relevant experience in management of health services, including practical experience in health reform and/or public administration reform
–> Technical competence in management, health reforms and public administration reform –> Excellent knowledge of public health and primary health care–> Knowledge of the rules and regulations of WHO and UN System –> Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with staff and partners of different cultural backgrounds.
Enhanced WHO Global Competency Model: https://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of ARABIC .
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 64,772 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.