Location: Basra, Iraq
Duration: 12 months
The Deputy NWD Manager is responsible for leading a large and diverse team of both Iraqi nationals and expat professionals focused on the planning, drilling and post execution review of new wells. The successful candidate will report to the Subsurface Deputy Manager.Key Accountabilities
Safety: A passionate safety leader embodying Safety Leadership Principles
Leadership: Line Management and leadership of the New Well Delivery team comprising over 50 staff, expat contractors and local Iraqis
o Drive nationalisation program: implementing processes to develop capability and competence for succession planning.
o Ad hoc support of Subsurface Deputy Manager
o Direct support and coaching of national New Well Delivery Manager
NWD Wedge delivery – in year and long term
• Ensure efficient cross-functional cooperation with Reservoir Management, Base Management, Wells, Operation and Projects teams to deliver new wells to meet in-year production and injection targets
• Ensure alignment of ADP, Concept Development & Project schedule with long term NWD activity timing
• Ensure alignment and close collaboration with Land Management team to manage surface space requirements for long term NWD activity
• Ensure alignment of Wells Rig contracting strategy with long term NWD requirements, including well utilization and data acquisition forecasts.
• Owner of new well documentation (Statement of Requirements, Lithology logs, End of Well reports, etc…)
• Owner of ‘Draft’ Drilling Schedule (4-20Q)
• Key Stakeholder to 8Q plan
• Key Stakeholder to Reservoir Management NWD hopper
Custodian of New Well Common Process
• Ensure all new wells are consistently planned and delivered in line with the NWCP
• Maintain culture of continuous improvement through tracking and analysis of NWD KPIs, NPT and well performance, as well as appropriate process simplifications
• Ensure learnings are effectively captured and applied.
Manage NWD team’s ability to deliver activity in line with the ADP
• Ensure sufficient resources to facilitate growth and consistently high volume of NWD activity
• Custodian of nationalization agenda, through consistent application of on-the-job training, individual development plans, competency assessments and coaching & mentoring relationships
- Maintain links with industry community of practices and industry-wide technological advances and apply to Field wherever is appropriate.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant Degree in Geoscience or Petroleum Engineering, MSc or higher desirable
• Extensive oilfield experience including solid experience in a NWD leadership role in a line management position
• Proven track record of delivery in integrated working environment.
• Deep discipline knowledge encompassing the full breadth of departmental activities (e.g. NWD common process, High Angle Wells, geological and geophysical evaluation, drilling/well BoD, PPFG/WBS/DPZ analysis and data acquisition, etc…)
• International experience spanning both greenfield and brownfield developments
• Fluent English and superior communication, presentation, mentoring and coaching skills.
• Track record of providing strong leadership through influence
• Strong strategic thinking and prioritisation skills
• Previous experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Previous experience in a rotational role.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.