roject title: ‘’EU Facility supporting policy dialogue and technical assistance in Iraq’’
Brief description of the project: The specific objective of this assignment is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning, and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development including domestic revenue mobilization. Within this framework, the purpose of this contract is to provide on-demand technical assistance open to all Government entities targeted by EU interventions in Iraq through EU Special Measures and the EU multi-annual indicative program 2021-2026, as well as technical assistance directly to the EU delegation and support to the EU delegation for policy dialogue.
Position: NKE 3 SENIOR NON-KEY EXPERT / POLITICAL ECONOMY ANALYSIS (Civil Registry and documentation situational assessment)
The expert will carry out:
- A high-level, overarching mapping of key political economy factors (i.e., PE issues and topics), key actors and stakeholders, and how dynamics affect the functioning of the Civil Registry and documentation system in Federal Iraq and KRI.
- A deep dive into a smaller number of select institutions or topics to support more specific downstream programming areas – to be confirmed with the EUD during the assignment inception phase.
- The work in this area shall draw on current day PEA best practice and methodology in the international development arena. It should consider inter alia, both formal and informal PE structures, drivers and obstacles, and explore entry points for change. It should establish (during the inception phase) and appropriately take into account audiences for the analysis.
- The analysis shall be presented as a standalone subset to the main report, while the findings should be taken into account within the main report, i.e., guide the programming recommendations.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Master’s degree in relevant disciple and 10 years of relevant experience, or a relevant bachelor’s degree plus 15 years of relevant experience.
- At least five prior roles leading the development of PEAs in an international development context. Experience with PEAs in the supply side governance sector is preferred.
- Experience with analysis and programming processes of EU or like-minded development partners, in particular project design.
- Experience in Iraq or KRI preferred. This may be compensated by deep PEA specialisation and regional knowledge, subject to suitable country knowledge in overall team composition.
- Experience in fragile and conflict-affected settings preferred.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to draft high quality English language technical reports for development partners, and to integrate inputs of different team members (examples may be requested as part of recruitment process).
Commencement date: ASAP
Input: Part-time, contract
Duration of the assignment: Up to 40 working days
Place of the assignment: Baghdad and/or Erbil, Iraq
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- How to apply https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DAINC&cws=48&rid=8053