Project title: ‘’EU Facility supporting policy dialogue and technical assistance in Iraq’’
Brief description of the project: The specific objective of this assignment is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning, and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development including domestic revenue mobilization. Within this framework, the purpose of this contract is to provide on-demand technical assistance open to all Government entities targeted by EU interventions in Iraq through EU Special Measures and the EU multi-annual indicative program 2021-2026, as well as technical assistance directly to the EU delegation and support to the EU delegation for policy dialogue.
Position: NKE 3 SENIOR NON-KEY EXPERT / POLITICAL ECONOMY ANALYSIS (Housing, Land and Property (HLP) sector)
The expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Drive and deliver the Political Economy Analysis (PEA) in the context of HLP sector assessment and programming , including through planning and coordinating PEA inputs from across the team of technical and country specialists as required.
- Ensure close integration of the PEA process and findings into the overall assignment deliverables, including HLP sector assessment and programming outputs.
- Contribute to effective teamwork through regular ongoing communication, progress and ad-hoc updates within the team, according to internal coordination arrangements agreed with the NKE1/ Team Leader.
- Flexibility to support adjoining /associated tasks if needed for successful completion of the overall assignment.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Master’s degree in relevant disciple and 10 years of relevant experience, or a relevant bachelor’s degree plus 15 years of relevant experience.
- At least five prior roles leading the development of PEAs in an international development context. Experience with PEAs in the supply side governance sector is preferred.
- Experience with programming processes of EU or like-minded development partners, in particular project design.
- Experience in Iraq or KRI preferred. This may be compensated by deep PEA specialisation and regional knowledge, subject to suitable country knowledge in overall team composition.
- Experience in fragile and conflict-affected settings preferred.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to draft high quality English language technical reports for development partners, and to integrate inputs of different team members (examples may be requested as part of recruitment process).
- Fluent English.
Commencement date: ASAP
Input: Part-time, contract
Duration of the assignment: Up to 45 working days
Place of the assignment: Baghdad and/or Erbil, Iraq
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Address Baghdad USD Month
- How to apply please apply via below link https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DAINC&cws=48&rid=7959