Project title: ‘’EU Facility supporting policy dialogue and technical assistance in Iraq’’
Brief description of the project: The specific objective of this assignment is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning, and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development including domestic revenue mobilization. Within this framework, the purpose of this contract is to provide on-demand technical assistance open to all Government entities targeted by EU interventions in Iraq through EU Special Measures and the EU multi-annual indicative program 2021-2026, as well as technical assistance directly to the EU delegation and support to the EU delegation for policy dialogue.
Position: NKE 5 – Technical Specialist Lead: Real Estate Law and Valuation of Real Estate (alternatively green and energy-efficient construction technologies)
The expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Lead on assigned areas of research, analysis and programming within the assignment, focusing on select institutions/topics (to be defined during inception) in line with the Expert’s technical specialism.
- Under the direction of the NKE1/ Team Leader, responsibility to produce assigned areas of reports and deliverables defined in this TOR, whilst working collaboratively to contribute to overall team outputs as required.
- In assigned areas, lead stakeholder engagement and liaison (as delegated by NKE1/ Team Leader).
- Ensure effective teamwork through regular communication, progress and ad-hoc updates within the team, according to arrangements agreed with the NKE1/ Team Leader.
- Flexibility to support other tasks if needed for successful completion of the overall assignment.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years (or 15 years in case of bachelor’s degree only) of specialist technical knowledge and skills in one or more areas of HLP analysis and programming, namely:
- Real Estate Law and Valuation of Real Estate (alternatively green and energy-efficient construction technologies).
- Broad knowledge of donor funded technical cooperation and capacity building.
- Experience in appraisal and design processes for EU or like-minded development partners is preferred.
- Experience in working in Iraq or KRI preferred. This may be compensated by highly specialised technical experience, subject to suitable coverage in overall team composition.
- Experience in fragile and conflict affected settings would be an advantage.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to draft high quality English language technical reports for development partners, and to integrate inputs of different team members (examples may be requested as part of recruitment process).
Commencement date: ASAP
Input: Part-time, contract
Duration of the assignment: Up to 45 working days
Place of the assignment: Iraq
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- How to apply https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DAINC&cws=48&rid=7961