Project title: ‘’EU Facility supporting policy dialogue and technical assistance in Iraq’’
Brief description of the project: The specific objective of this assignment is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning, and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development including domestic revenue mobilization. Within this framework, the purpose of this contract is to provide on-demand technical assistance open to all Government entities targeted by EU interventions in Iraq through EU Special Measures and the EU multi-annual indicative program 2021-2026, as well as technical assistance directly to the EU delegation and support to the EU delegation for policy dialogue.
Position: NKE 6 & 7 SENIOR NON-KEY EXPERT: TECHNICAL COUNTRY SPECIALISTS in Public administration; Internally displaced people; Data management/ MIS/ software development; Health system organisation; Electoral systems; Other civil registry and documentation specialism.
The expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Lead on assigned areas of research, analysis and programming within the assignment, focusing on select institutions/topics (to be defined during inception) in line with the Expert’s thematic specialism.
- Under the direction of the NKE1/ Team Leader, responsibility to produce assigned areas of reports and deliverables defined in this TOR, whilst working collaboratively to contribute to overall team outputs as required.
- In assigned areas, lead stakeholder engagement and liaison (as delegated by NKE1/ Team Leader).
- Ensure effective teamwork through regular communication, progress and ad-hoc updates within the team, according to arrangements agreed with the NKE1/ Team Leader.
- Flexibility to support other tasks if needed for successful completion of the overall assignment.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years (or 15 years in case of bachelor’s degree only) of specialist thematic knowledge and skills in one or more areas of assignment scoping and programming, namely:
- Public administration
- Internally displaced people
- Data management/ MIS/ software development
- Health system organisation
- Electoral systems
- Other civil registry and documentation specialism, to be defined in inception/ further to EUD guidance.
- Deep knowledge of the Iraqi context relating the above-mentioned skills and experience.
- Excellent experience in sector analysis including policies, processes, systems, functions, etc.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent report drafting skills.
- In addition to English and Arabic, working knowledge of Kurdish (Qurmanji) would be an advantage.
Commencement date: ASAP
Input: Part-time, contract
Duration of the assignment: Up to 40 working days
Place of the assignment: Iraq
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- How to apply https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DAINC&cws=48&rid=8055