Project title: ‘’EU Facility supporting policy dialogue and technical assistance in Iraq’’
Brief description of the project: The specific objective of this assignment is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning, and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development including domestic revenue mobilization. Within this framework, the purpose of this contract is to provide on-demand technical assistance open to all Government entities targeted by EU interventions in Iraq through EU Special Measures and the EU multi-annual indicative program 2021-2026, as well as technical assistance directly to the EU delegation and support to the EU delegation for policy dialogue.
Position: NKE 6 – Technical Country Specialist: Land Administration and Cadastre
The expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Working closely with the assigned Technical Lead Specialist to support all tasks, including research, liaison, making data available and accessible, occasional interpreting and translating.
- As specified by the Technical Lead Specialist, carry out the research of select institutions/topics, and support the assignment’s HLP analysis and programming activities.
- Flexible support to other task needed for the successful completion of the assignment, as specified by the Technical Lead Specialist or NKE 1/ Team Leader.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Master’s degree in relevant disciple
- 10 years of relevant experience (or 15 years in case of bachelor’s degree only).
- Specialist technical knowledge and skills in one or more areas of HLP sector management, analysis or programming, namely:
- Land Administration and Cadastre
- Deep knowledge of the Iraqi context relating the above-mentioned skills and experience.
- Experience with appraisal and/or design processes to support development partner programming would be an advantage.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent report drafting skills.
- In addition to English and Arabic, AND/OR knowledge of Kurdish (Qurmanji) would be an advantage.
Commencement date: ASAP
Input: Part-time, contract
Duration of the assignment: Up to 40 working days
Place of the assignment: Baghdad, Iraq; AND/OR Erbil, Iraq
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Address Baghdad, Erbil, Iraq USD Month
- How to apply Please apply via below link https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DAINC&cws=48&rid=7962