The Candidate is fully responsible for the safe and timely delivery of the Well pads and associated flowlines. The candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating all construction elements for the delivery of well-pads, flowlines and access Roads.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all work is conducted safely and in line with the GKPI Lifesavers
- Conducting regular safety audits with the Field FEC HSE Team
- Being totally aware of the Engineering and Procurement activities undertaken by the Engineering Team to ensure these activities are in line with the construction Activities
- Ensuring delivery dates for materials requisitions placed by Engineering match the Required on Site (ROS) dates for construction activities.
- Ensuring that the construction tendering process meets with the agreed baseline schedule.
- Reviewing the design produced by the civils engineering Contractor
- Managing and Directing the Construction contractors on a day to day basis
- Ensuring that Operations are fully aware of all construction activities especially when working on live well-pads
- Maintaining site quality workmanship and adherence to design documentation.
- Ensuring that the construction materials used are in line with the specification.
- Maintenance of Construction Schedule
- Maintaining a good relationship with the Construction Contractors
The candidate will report to and take direction from the Construction Manager
The Candidate will be based in the field with visits to the Erbil Office .
The candidate will understand the process for tackling local unrest issues and ensure such issues are handed over to CSR department
Specifically, the Candidate shall have hands on experience in planning, and execution of Civil and pipeline works.
- HSSE: The Candidate is required to:
Always promote a culture of within and outside the organisation that puts HSE on the top of the Agenda.
- Regular HSE campaigns are undertaken,
- HSE site walkabouts are conducted,
- That Compliance Audits are undertaken by the HSE Team
- All equipment used to transport materials of for the construction works are properly certified and in date
Comply with all those elements Company’s HSSE policy and rules.
Undergo regular training on the Security aspects of working in Kurdistan
- Always recognise that HSSE is everyone’s responsibility.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, either in Civils or Pipelines
Relevant 15 + years’ experience as a Civils and or Pipeline construction engineer
Experience in generating drawings, SoW and requisitions.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Experience of managing construction contractors in remote areas, specifically civils, pipeline contractors.
The candidate shall have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
Strong “site Issues” problem-solving capabilities and ability to quickly assess and make recommendations.
Team-player; culturally sensitive and proven experience in working in multicultural environments and able to proactively manage the activities of the contractor’s teams.
Ability to work effectively with other team members of all disciplines.
Have excellent organisational and communication skills.
Fluent in English language and ability to communicate in Arabic or Kurdish is a distinct advantage.
Good computer skills