Purpose/objective of the position:
The Field officer is supervised by the Operation Manager and s/he is responsible for ensuring smooth operations in SAD district with regard to Logistics, Finance and Administration, Human Resource procedures.
- S/he will be responsible to oversee SAD activities and community centre, making sure the place is well functioning both for staff and beneficiaries: not only s/he will need to raise the issues among the different departments but also to make sure all the challenges/problems will be fixed and followed until the finalization;
- Act as focal point for operation, facilitating the communication between field level and main office regarding operations needs;
- Ensure the opening and the closure of the centre as per the centre schedule;
- S/he as finance dept. representative, will participate in monitor the cash distribution in the field, reporting of distributed amounts and make sure the disbursements will be compliant to INTERSOS SOPs and the donors rules and procedures to INTERSOS SOPs and the donors rules and procedures.
- In coordination with the SAD Logistics Officer, s/he will act as a focal point for daily movements, though a formal communication with Logistics, making sure all vehicles are on time and in good condition (clean, face mask in the car);
- S/he will be the focal point responsible for monitoring the centre’s and staff logistics needs (stationary, IT, scratch cards, COVID-19 PPE). Liaising with logistics to raise PR and making sure goods are distributed and available for the staff;
- In collaboration with HR, s/he will make sure that every new employee has the right equipment (IT, desk, etc.) to work on the first day;
- In liaison with Logistics Officer, s/he ensures that all maintenance needs at the centre are addressed in a timely manner, making sure the procedure are done according to the procurement manual;
- S/he coordinates and ensures the timely accomplishment of the task of the cleaners and guards of the Centre.
- S/he promptly reports any security concerns related to the centre to the Operation Manager and/or to the Liaison officer;
- S/he reports any breach in security procedure to the Operation Manager and/or the Liaison officer;
- Responsible for the monitoring and implementation of safety measures in the Center and in the vehicles;
- Provides basic induction on field procedures to the staff;
- Responsible for Tracking the movements of staff moving to/in SAD.
- Distribute and collect staff and volunteers timesheet/attendance sheets and payslips from/to line managers and send them to the Mosul main office, in coordination with the HR Officer;
- Collect feedback by staff and volunteer if any payment of salary is missing;
- Under supervision of HR officer advertise positions locally, collect CVs when the deadline arrive and share them with central office.
- Under the Operation Manager/Finance Officer, support finance in following up with payment, if needed, and collecting the relevant documents as for standard procedure.
- Establish and maintain positive working relations with authorities and relevant stakeholders in the community to ensure cooperation for the project implementation, in coordination with the Liaison Officer;
- Attend official meetings with community leaders and authorities, representing the organization, when delegated to do so by the Operations Manager;
- Act as a facilitator for external visits in the SAD governorate when there is a need,
Perform any other task not listed and necessary for the implementation of the project activities or the mission program as requested by the Operations Manager.
Education and professional experience:
- 2 years relevant experience
- Previous experience in ngo
- Knowledge of SAD area
- Experience in administrative/logistics/HR tasks
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good leadership skills
- High confidentiality, respect, and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
English (written and spoken) will be considered a plus
- Address Tikrit
- Salary Offer To be shared at a later stage
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.
- Job Reference SAD/002