|Supervises||Logistics Officer; HR Officer; Finance Officer; Liaison Officer|
|Reporting to (Hierarchical)||Head of Mission|
|Reporting to (Technical)||Logistics, Finance, HR and Security Coordinators|
All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Operations Manager oversees the Finance, HR, Logistics and Liaison staff in his/her governorate, ensuring the smooth running on a daily basis of the operations in accordance with INTERSOS policies. S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse staff, promote efficient internal communication between different teams, and effectively oversee operations. The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall management of INTERSOS’ office/s and guest-houses in the governorate, the administrative and logistical management of INTERSOS community centres in the districts, and the management of staff movements to the field. The Operations Manager acts as overall focal point for security as well as liaison with local authorities in the governorate.
- Provide hierarchical line management, guidance and support to staff of the different support functions (Logistic, Finance, HR, Security & Liaison), ensuring timely and proper performance of them at field level.
- Oversee logistics, finance, HR operations in the governorate, aiming to improve the operations systems and processes, in coordination with the Country Office Support Departments.
- Collaborate effectively with support department coordinators and managers at country level to ensure support staff in the field are receiving the technical advice and validations they need.
- Oversee the daily management of INTERSOS’ office/s, guesthouse/s and community centers, ensuring the logistics and administrative needs of staff and beneficiaries at INTERSOS premises are being met.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the support department officers in the field (HR, Finance, Logistics, Security & Liaison); ensure, in cooperation with the technical coordinators & managers at Erbil coordination office, the field officers have clear work plans and monthly priorities set for them; follow up to ensure they are executing their tasks on time and in a professional manner.
- Monitor support department activities at field level, ensuring that INTERSOS policies and procedures are followed; promptly report any concerns or violations of procedure to the relevant country-level coordinators/managers or the HoM.
- Ensure effective communication/information flow from field level to the country-level on operational issues which may negatively impact the field activities or staff morale; support the field officers to identify HR, Finance or Logistics-related issues or challenges in the area of responsibility, and to make recommendations on how work processes can be improved.
- Maintain excellent communication with the Program Manager and other program staff to facilitate cooperation and teamwork between support and program staff at all levels in the field.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and sectoral managers, assist the support department officers (particularly HR and logistics) to identify priorities for recruitments and procurement to mininize delays to program implementation.
- When requested, work with the program staff on preparing budgets relating to support costs; facilitate the conducting of assessments; contribute to identifying needs and priorities in the area of operation.
- Act as focal point for security and access issues at governorate level, in close cooperation with the Security & Liaison Officer and under the coordination of the Security Coordinator and HoM at country level.
- Ensure that INTERSOS mission security policies and procedures are strictly followed by field staff; conduct trainings and refreshers to ensure staff are aware of them.
- Promptly report security incidents and contribute to their management; conduct security assessments; contribute to security analysis to support the Security Coordinator and HoM in updating internal security processes.
- Support the Liaison Officers in the field in maintaining good communication with authorities and security forces to facilitate program activities; engage with authorities and represent INTERSOS at non-technical coordination meetings, when requested to do so by senior management.
- Conduct on-the-job training to field staff as necessary and induction/training for new field staff.
- Support the senior management on the promotion of accountability and commitment to INTERSOS charter and prevention of misconduct and abuses of power.
- Uphold the INTERSOS Code of Conduct and policies.
- Ensure respect for the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, independence and humanity, as well as respect of the “do no harm” principle of humanitarian action.
- Strictly follow internal procedures, policies (PSEA, CPP etc.) and guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree or equivalent in experience in relevant area/s (NGO field operations, logistics, finance, HR, management, etc)
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience, including at least 1 year in a staff management role.
- Experience in logistic and procurement, HR and/or finance processes and procedures.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, communication, and listening skills.
- Proven leadership and team management skills
- High confidentiality, respectful and non-discriminatory attitude
- Practical and a problem-solver
- Excellent reporting skills
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong team spirit and demonstrated leadership skills
- Politically, culturally and gender sensitive
- Excellent English spoken and written language skills
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Address Mosul / Ninewa USD Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment areahttps://docs.google.com/forms/d/1RJSMCnNKbzyj9_F5fYuiT33gsv1jVDt_HOHKs_1K2wM/edit