Operations Mechanical Engineer
The Operations support Mechanical Engineer will be embedded in and report to the Area leadership team for tactical mechanical support across a broad spectrum of static mechanical plant and facilities. Acting as a central engineering team representative with the accountability of maintaining discipline regarding mechanical standards, codes and practices in the area.
The Operations support Mechanical engineer will be tasked with ownership of mechanical assurance on piping, tanks, pressure vessels and pipework, in essence the full pressure envelope. The incumbent shall manage area MoC’s, be a focal point for plant troubleshooting, support development work, own technical bid evaluations for the area as well as support the maintenance team with ensuring appropriate levels of critical mechanical spares are available to maintain safe reliable operation. In addition, the role will be a mentor and coach to the maintenance technicians and contractors in the areas of safety, reliability and efficient execution of work.
• Promote a culture of safety and continuous improvement
• Ownership of equipment health and monitoring in support of area reliability targets
• Supports the central M&E teams in developing and delivering reliability improvements
• Support the execution of work in accordance with the Control of Work standards
• Support the delivery of the Maintenance & Engineering Vision, Strategy and Priorities
• Support maintenance and project teams to deliver integrity improvement initiatives within assigned facilities
• Oversee equipment overhauls and installations to ensure work is carried out to high standards
• Coordinate with Production/Operations staff to identify/prioritize and schedule MOC activities
• Advise and coach a multi-disciplined Iraqi Engineering/Operations/Maintenance workforce at assigned assets
• Ensure PID’s and mechanical documentation and drawings are up to date
• Identify areas of improvement in safety, reliability, and efficient execution of work
• Provide assurance on engineering compliance with applicable Standards, Specifications, Codes and Regulations. Ensure that non-conformities and temporary deviations are identified
• Provide procurement engineering support for material requisition development, bid evaluations and supplier documentation reviews.
Degree / diploma qualified mechanical engineer or equivalent work experience
Essential experience and job requirements
Extensive and relevant industry experience in static mechanical activities across the full value chain of hydrocarbon and water production operations. Experience in brownfield engineering, reliability, and strong technical leadership with influencing capabilities.
Candidate to demonstrate familiarity with all relevant industry codes, standards and practices (API, ASME, ISO), for piping, pipeline, valves & piping equipment, static equipment and rotating equipment.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
• Key skills include communication, interpersonal relationships, facilitation, influencing, and negotiating
• Ability to develop others and foster diverse relationships in a multicultural environment
• Ability to identify correct priorities of maintenance activities
• Identify and assess safety hazards
• Ability to speak Arabic would be beneficial but not essential
• A passion and relentless drive for continuous improvement
• Strong use of IT systems to analyse data, and produce reports & KPI’s etc
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience influencing operating teams and contractors
• Strong cultural awareness
• Able to prioritise work in a high activity environment
• Able to work within a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Strong bias for being proactive and getting results
• Demonstrate planning, organizational and communication skills
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.