WRS Kurdistan are looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of Operations Planner for an International Oil and Gas company in Kurdistan.
Contract Type: Permanent
The Operations Planner reports to the Business Services Manager (direct line) and Operations Manager or Production Manager (reporting line) and is responsible for building and maintaining the Integrated Operations Plans.
- Fully responsible for Integrated Operations schedules, building from the Annual Work Plan & Budget (AWPB).
- Developing plans for maintenance work orders, the repairs, servicing and efficient functioning of all machinery and equipment in a plant.
- Develop and maintain O&M cross functional plan (2wk, 6wk, 12wk, 4Q and 8Q).
- Facilitate 6 / 12wk planning meetings, daily onshore calls, and liaison with team.
- Develop and maintain Operations Readiness Plans for new Projects and Plants.
- Implement integrated operations, planning, process, and practices in line with the IOP procedure.
- Apply safety culture, understand SIMOPS issues, identifying improvement opportunities and produce work prioritization to meet constraints.
- Work closely with the Maintenance and Production teams on communicating work details and ensuring that all resources (manpower and materials) are captured in the work order and resource loaded in the P6 schedules.
- Develop and/or update Mechanical Predictive & Preventative Maintenance Routines as required.
- Analysing deviations between baseline plan and forecast and propose solutions.
- Develop baseline progress curve and monitor actual and forecast progress.
- Chair weekly schedule review meetings, plus others as required and drive out issues through effective control and follow up of actionable items.
- Daily control of field movements within the Operations department.
- Work with cost controller to develop budgets, forecasts and prepare regular reports.
- Work proactively with Operations Manager to embed a planning culture within the Operations environment.
- Coordinate between project team, subsurface team, drilling team and operations team and external 3rd party contractors/vendors to minimize execution impact to operations and assist in maximizing production.
- Coordinate with the Cost Controller and relevant Finance teams for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Perform other associated duties as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in Production/Operations within the Oil & Gas industry working for International Operating Company.
- Strong English language skills.
- Onshore site experience required.
- Experienced Primavera P6 user, able to quality control own and others’ plans, and export and analyse plan data for reporting purposes.
- Strong team player.