Responsible for providing input into FEED stage of KM 250 / 500 projects and ensuring equipment design is in line with current and required Operational needs, provides input for processes and procedures required for the safe start up and operation of new plant / equipment. Will be required to support all construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of new facilities, acting as representative for Khormor Operations including providing Vendor support and attending FAT tests as necessary. On completion of project will be assigned to manage and organize all the resources of the operations department, ensuring safe, cost effective, environmentally compliant and effective operational performance and integrity of the plant, ensuring all contractual obligations for gas and liquid production are achieved.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Represents Khormor Operations department as part of the KM 250/500 project.
· Provides input into project FEED from an Operational perspective, including as transportation infrastructure, service and support infrastructure, local market conditions, local workforce competence and availability, political climate, legislation and regulatory constraints, security, key stakeholders, weather and environment.
· Provides input into project OR&A
· Acts as KM representative at FAT tests for operability review
· Ensures process is optimized to achieve all company contractual obligations for gas and liquid production.
· Liaises and co-operates with other heads of departments, ensuring awareness of schedule & ongoing maintenance activities.
· Ensures that all personnel involved in operations under the control of the Operations Department: are provided with adequate and suitable information in order to carry out their work in a safe and effective manner
· Participates in the effective monitoring, audit and review of management systems and procedures, and to Contributes to their further development and continuous improvement.
· Ensures the Permit to Work (PTW) system is adhered to and that all isolations are in compliance with the Isolation Philosophy.
· Participates fully where required, in the investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents.
· Operations Department budget holder.
· Ensures the strict adherence to Safety, Health and Environmental policies across the business.
· Assists in the planning, coordination and execution of shutdown programmes and the implementation of safety procedures and practices.
· Manages and directs both expatriate and Kurdish operations staff.
· Prepares ad hoc reports as requested or relevant on the current operational activities.
· Ensures the effective achievement of Operations department functional objectives through the leadership and supervision of staff – setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximise subordinates and departmental performance.
· Builds a strong team in order to ensure versatility and adequate succession cover. Ensure the operations team has appropriate skills and resources including personnel, processes and tools to meet the business objectives.
· Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all CreDan staff.
· Conducts a continuing study of operational policies, procedures and systems to keep senior management updated of contemporary practices.
· Identifies areas for improving facilities on a continuous basis in order to increase the equipment availability and productivity.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications/Experience Required
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred but not essential.
· Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Oil and Gas production operations with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
- Address Khormor