Our client is currently looking to fill a number of Operations Team Lead positions on their Iraq project.
The Operations Team Leader reports to the Operations Manager and is accountable to support the delivery of safe, reliable and compliant operation of the field.
Ensures that the operational interfaces between operation, maintenance, engineering, wells, sub surface and projects are effectively managed and with synergies maximised.
Accountable for driving continuous improvement across the project and ensures that best practices are adhered to.
The Operations Team Leader will deputise for the Sector Operations Manger during periods of absence.
- Safe, reliable and compliant operations: leads all operations to ensure safe and reliable execution of production activities and deliver company’s HSE and production targets
- Support delivery of Annual Operating Plan and Area Development Plan.
- Provide leadership to the Production team
- Ensure that operations are conducted in compliance with all applicable policies and procedures
- Manages and mentors Operations Advisor.
- Responsible for the delivery and development of project production operating discipline
- Development and leadership of pit stop and TAR activities.
- Actively participate in the Site Leadership visit programme with a minimum of 6 LSV’s per rotation.
- Provide operational input to brownfield operations and projects.
- Ensure that the project COW is adhered to with personal authorisation of high risk works.
- Support development of project personnel to all levels within the organisation and ensure that it is populated with the required skills, with demonstrated competencies and behaviours
- Ensure that integrity management issues at operated sites are actively understood managed and risks minimised through dispensation and risk assessment.
- Actively participate in the integrated planning process
- Effective member of incident command team
- Ideally, though not essential, a Degree in Engineering with strong execution delivery, interpersonal skills demonstrated in the leadership of operating teams, influencing on contractors and change management.
- Clear knowledge and track record of Control of Work, HSE leadership and major incident control.
- 10+ years of industry experience in a variety of roles that demonstrate skills progression leading to senior management roles leading teams totalling several hundred personnel.
- Good presentation and persuasion skills with effective interdisciplinary communication skills.
- Well-developed staff coaching and development skills with a track record of developing local staff.
- Experience in overseas posting working with diverse cultures would be beneficial.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.