Organizational Model Innovation (OMI) Coaching Expert Consultancy
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Application Deadline: 1 January 2024
With a commitment to fostering sustainable development, the Near East Foundation (NEF) has been a key advocate for improving the organizational effectiveness of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). In its continuous pursuit of innovation, NEF is now focusing on enhancing CSOs’ capabilities through an Organizational Model Innovation (OMI) approach. This initiative goes beyond traditional capacity-building methods, emphasizing organizational and operational innovation to empower CSOs within the evolving landscape.
As part of the implementation of the Anbar Business & Workforce Advancement for Improved Living Conditions (ABWA) project, funded by GIZ under Assisting Reconstruction & Improving Living Conditions in Anbar (ARILA), NEF is seeking an OMI Coaching Expert. The Coaching Expert will support NEF’s partner CSO deliver their OMI Plan, ensuring sustained progress and implementation.
OMI Approach and Objectives
The OMI Coaching Expert is instrumental in guiding the CSO towards continuous improvement by:
Facilitating Ongoing Organizational Enhancement:
- Collaborating with the CSO to continuously refine organizational strategies and operational models.
- Providing insights from successful local and regional CSOs that have embraced innovative trends.
- Encouraging ongoing innovation to enhance resource diversification, sustainability, and inclusion.
Ensuring Accountability, Transparency, and Frameworks:
- Assisting in the continual reflection on the role and responsibilities of CSOs in elevating standards.
- Supporting the development and implementation of accountability mechanisms based on best practices.
- Strengthening transparency and communication frameworks for heightened visibility.
Sustaining Constituent Linkages:
- Guiding the CSO in actively engaging constituents in various organizational aspects.
- Promoting inclusive and accessible engagement frameworks for evidence-based programming.
Fostering Cross-Sectoral Partnerships:
- Analyzing ongoing cross-sectoral partnerships and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Developing a strategic approach for enhanced collaboration within the civil society sector.
Consultancy Scope of Work
Prior to the beginning of this consultancy, NEF’s partner CSO will finalized a results-based and action-driven OMI plan with detailed and budgeted activities to: (1) improve its organizational capacity; (2) support multiplication of capacity development processes for other civil society stakeholders in the same region; and (3) facilitate the development of new or improved (a) organizational and operational models that tap into emerging trends and (b) cross-sector relationships with market, governance, and peer actors. Each strategy will include success indicators linked with the above-mentioned objectives to ensure all strategies are results-driven and implemented and evaluated.
The Coaching Expert will provide ongoing support to the CSO in the post-training phase, ensuring the sustained implementation of the established OMI plan.
The Coaching Expert’s responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the CSO to implement the action-driven OMI plan.
- Offering guidance on refining strategies based on evolving needs and emerging trends.
- Facilitating continuous improvement in organizational capacity and cross-sector relationships.
Anticipated level of effort: Up to 15 days (over 2 months).
*NEF is also looking for a dedicated OMI Training Expert to provide support to the CSO in the development of the OMI Plan through workshops (January 2024). Interested applicants are encouraged to apply for both consultancies.
Consultancy Timeline & Deliverables:
From February to March 2024, the Coaching Expert is expected to deliver the following:
- Post-training Support Phase: Ongoing support to the CSO in implementing the OMI plan.
- Progress Updates: Regular updates on the progress of the CSO’s initiatives.
Reporting and Communication:
A detailed framework for progress updates and communication protocols will be established for transparent project management.
- Expertise in providing ongoing coaching and support to CSOs (40%).
- Knowledge of organizational improvement opportunities aligned with emerging trends in Iraq (25%).
- Quality of technical proposal (35%).
- Address Baghdad
- How to apply Application Application Deadline: 1 January 2024 Please apply by submitting the below information in the English language to the Near East Foundation Careers page at: https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=335&source=aWQ9Mjk%3D To apply, please submit the following documents: 1. A cover letter. 2. A CV. 3. A brief technical and financial proposal. Financial proposals should be inclusive of all costs. Individual consultants or consultant teams who can cover the full range of required competencies are welcome to apply. Kindly note only finalists will be contacted. Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation and its affiliates by visiting the NEF website (www.neareast.org).