Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Minimally 2-3+ years related experience
- High School diploma (or Secondary School Diploma or equivalent) as minimum.
- Preferred 2 years College degree
- Reports to: Demand Planning Manager, Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager
Intermediate level job – Has responsibility for assisting with the development of reliability based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance for product line equipment. Works with Repair and Maintenance Technicians to schedule workload. Primarily activity is at workshop, troubleshooting, repairing, refurbishing, implementing mandatory modifications and executing and/or planning preventive and corrective maintenance of field equipment and tools, helping to mitigate assets related non-productive time and improve overall field service delivery performance. He/she may be required to attend a client location to perform his/her duties whenever an R&M task is deemed necessary to carry over a field operation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Serve as mentor to junior workshop personnel
- Assist in creating and maintaining accurate working instructions for all thru tubing products.
- Check equipment in when it comes in from the field, noting serial/asset numbers, unloading equipment from shipping basket/container.
- Ensure 3rd party rental equipment is identified and promptly returned.
- Co-ordinating through internal and 3rd party thread inspection services in accordance with requirements.
- Assembling and testing of thru tubing downhole equipment.
- Preparing equipment load-outs, kitting out shipping baskets and workshop containers with equipment for field operations.
- Ensuring all equipment is loaded and secured safely.
- Perform full strip down, visual inspection, assembly and testing of thru tubing downhole motors in accordance with Weatherford Working Instructions.
- Maintaining, preparing and testing thru tubing mechanical packers and inflatable plugs/packers, in accordance Weatherford technical manuals and Weatherford working instructions.
- Moving of equipment and parts around the workshop facility by means of a forklift truck or overhead crane and transporting equipment via a company vehicle.
- Supervisory duties and responsibilities for delegation and training of thru tubing workshop technician(s).
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Address Basrah USD Month