Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is a charitable organization supporting survivors of human rights violations, defending fundamental freedoms, and promoting democratic values throughout the world. Our programs provide mental health, medical treatment, and other support services to survivors of trauma, terror, domestic violence, and human rights violations.
We are seeking applicants for the position of Pharmacist at Erbil branch in Iraq.
Status: Part-Time (20 Hours/Week)
Based: Erbil – KRG, Iraq
Reports to: The Pharmacist reports to the Medical Doctor and Psychiatrist, Branch Manager and M&E Officer.
Required Degree: Bachelor in Pharmacy.
Application Deadline: December 28, 2023
Starting Date: January
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensures quality of medicines supplied to patients.
- Ensures that the supply of medicines is within the law.
- Ensures that the medicines prescribed to patients are suitable.
- Advises patients about medicines, including how to take them, what reactions may occur and answering patients’ questions.
- Supervise the medicines supply chain and ensure pharmacy premises and systems are fit for purpose.
- Supervises the production and preparation of medicines and assessments of the quality of medicines before they are supplied to patients from pharmaceutical manufacturers.
- Make purchases of drugs and other things related to the work of the organization and bring invoices.
- Cooperates with physicians and psychiatrists.
- Check medication for expiry and ensure the medication bought has an expiration date of at least one year.
- Is responsible for the incoming and outgoing medication.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy;
- Work experience in related filed (desired);
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and data entry;
- Ability to travel, including multi-day trips both nationally and internationally;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and cooperation with other staff members, centers and external partners;
- Active interest in promoting human rights and social justice.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in professional trainings and seminars
- Working in an international and dedicated team, with the opportunity to travel
- Paid holidays (24 days for full-time position) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, may be agreed upon
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter outlining your previous work experience and your motivation and CV (both in English) via this form: APPLY HERE.
Please note that applications that do not meet the requirements or that are incomplete will not be considered!
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is an equal-opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women to apply for this position.
- How to apply