Place of work: Duhok
Applications deadline: 17/01/2021
Main Purpose of the job:
To execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the logistics team
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with MSFCH pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software if needed.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months
- Preparing reports and passing it to the supervisor.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes:
- g. Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored and transports received, stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, cleaning refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
- Education: Essential pharmacy assistant, desirable nursing degree
- Experience: Essential previous experience at least 2 years in similar or relevant positions
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGOs
- Language: Essential Basic English and Kurdish (Badini)
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- For applicants with foreign certificates, Iraqi recognized state-diploma is required
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel)
What we offer
- Legal contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid for non-DoH staff
- Applicants under DoH contract will be remunerated in accordance to the Incentive grid
- The opportunity to gain professional development and training within an international organization.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
- Address Duhok
- Salary Offer MSF Salary Grid or DOH Incentive Grid
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card + DOH ID), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered. To [email protected] and mention “Pharmacy Storekeeper” in subject In all CVS you need to clearly state your experience by writing the organization you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. English CVs only Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. We may take this vacancy down ahead to the initial deadline of application in case we reached or over a considerable number of applications.