Supporting the drug and other medical items supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Pharmacy Supervisor of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor, assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor, assisting on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis with preparation of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drug ruptures.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
- Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the Pharmacy Supervisor in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Supervisor’s supervision, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members.
- Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
- Supporting the MoH counterparts in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders.
- Providing programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner. Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Pharmacy stock management in MSF Clinics with the collaboration of the Managers: following-up stock levels, expired items, sleeping items and over stock.
- Carrying out regular inventories of pharmacy stocks in the clinics and monitor consumption patterns with regards to alarm thresholds (safety stocks), stock outs, expiry dates.
- Regularly sharing with the medical team lists of pre-expired items and pre-ruptures, as well as items with unusual consumption (overconsumed or under-consumed).
- Offloading of the received medicines to the pharmacy and arranging them on shelves.
- Dispensing all pharma related items to different end user units.
- Loading any medication and material that needs to be returned to the Medical warehouse.
- Ensuring good storage conditions for medicines by doing daily monitoring of the temperature and humidity of the end user pharmacy and filling the monitoring form (reading of log tag upon arrival in the pharmacy and in afternoon before leaving the pharmacy).
- Maintaining the integrity and security of the pharmacy by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines including controlled drugs are stored as appropriate. Reporting immediately to the technical reference on any problem arising in the service.
- Adhere to IPC measures.
- The Pharmacy Technician reports directly to the Pharmacy Supervisor.
- Ensuring returned and expired/damaged medication is safely removed to a well designated quarantine zone for unwanted pharmaceuticals, separated from the normal stock and list is shared with the Pharmacy Supervisor.
- Participating in monthly reporting by drafting a summary of the pharmacy activities at the MSF medical facilities and report to his/her direct line manager the challenges encountered during the month.
- Understanding, recording and informing on any complaint received from patients related to medicine use or side effects.
- Qualified pharmacist technician or higher pharmacy degree
- Minimum 1 year of experience as pharmacist, preferably in DoH
- Experience in managing pharma supplies.
- Experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (MoH and private) is an asset
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Work experience with NGO is an asset
- Mission language essential (English); local working language essential (Arabic)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
Behavioral Flexibility L1
- Address Mosul
- How to apply Deadline for receiving job applications is 4th of February 2024 at 4:30 PM. Female are strongly encouraged to apply since they are preferred for this position. If you are confident about your qualifications meeting the requirements, please send your CV’s to [email protected] and mention the job title in the subject line “PHARMACY TECHNICIAN” or drop your application in closed envelope and mention the job title on it “PHARMACY TECHNICIAN” in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office in East Mosul.