Kurdistan Save the Children is a non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian organization that
provides assistance regardless of race, gender, traditions, political or religious affiliation.
We work with children in various fields of child protection, sponsorship, health and education. Our
main aim is to work directly or indirectly, to ensure a better future for children, through improving
and providing their various medical, social, economical, and educational needs.
KSC has been established in 1991. our main office is located in Sulaymaniyah.
Protection and assistance for refugees and asylum seeker children in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah governorates.
This project seeks to provide protection services to refugees/asylum seekers, IDPS and host community children with the main focus on refugees/asylum seekers residing in the urban and camp areas of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorates through: Providing specialized child protection services and support through case management for refugees, Conducting BIA and participating in the BID Panel under the overall framework of UNHCR’s Best Interest Procedures (BIP), Establishing or strengthening the capacity of community-based child protection structures, Community outreach/mobilization such as conducting awareness raising sessions for children and their parents/caregivers, Providing recreational, structured and non-structured PSS activities, as well as physiotherapy for children with disabilities, providing capacity building to government counterparts responsible for child protection.
Scope of work (Main tasks)
The physiotherapist provides physiotherapy care for children with special needs, aiming to obtain normal to near-normal functioning.
- Reception and treatment of children with disabilities.
- Assess patient physical capacities, using different procedures (e.g. functional capacity tests) in order to set up treatment objectives with the patient and therefore improve patient’s health and well-being
- Ability to conduct mobile physiotherapy sessions.
- Provide scheduling physical therapy sessions for beneficiaries
- Follow up on project beneficiaries through continuous communication to ensure that they receive the required services.
- prepare daily reports that include a full description of the case.
- Submit the reports of the number of beneficiaries to the reporting officer.
- Submit reports to the project manager showing the evolution of the case being treated.
- Participate in raising health awareness and health prevention measures for individuals.
- Attends training aimed at improving employees’ awareness of health, nutrition, immunity and prevention.
- Providing health advice to the beneficiaries.
- Train patients and caretakers on how to avoid injury in order to create preventive behaviors.
- Actively monitor and report physiotherapy activities (correctly filling in patient files, forms, statistics, and reports) and analyze these statistics in order to improve quality service, preserving patient’s data traceability.
- Report complex cases to other service providers.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor in physiotherapy/Diploma in physiotherapy
- Arabic, and Kurdish, and Basic English is required
- Ability to communicate properly with patients, families/ caretakers and medical staff
- Ability to work within a team
- Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiative
- Professional attitude and committed to work in the best interest of the patients
- Previous experience in dealing with children with disabilities;
- Previous experience in NGOs is preferable.
- Address Erbil Behind Chwarchra hotel
- How to apply Please Fill in the google form as requested