GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the responsibility of the Project Officer Victim Assistance (POVA) for Anbar, the Physiotherapist Trainer (PT Trainer) will ensure the quality of physiotherapy service delivered by Handicap International and its partners to vulnerable population.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Preparation for trainings
- Participate in making assessments of DOH and supported hospitals staff technical capacity in PHCC
- Identify training needs for the DOH and supported hospitals staff
- Develop a training plan schedule in line with HI standards
- Work with Rehabilitation Technical Coordinator and MHPSS team to develop a comprehensive training package: including guidelines resources, preparation of materials, case studies, and presentations for the training
Training and Capacity Building
- Ensure effective logistic of training sessions and other activities
- Provide qualitative training, in line with HI standards to improve rehabilitation services and promote the importance of early rehabilitation; to identified DOH and supported hospitals staff – and other actors – according to training plan.
- Provide on the job coaching to identified DOH and supported hospitals staff on rehabilitation skills (including working in pair with the DOH staff as part of their on the job training)
- Provide support to existing rehabilitation services to improve its development and the promotion of importance of early rehabilitation care.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Conduct regular monitoring assessing the quality of the care provided by the trained staff
- Report all required source of verifications after each trainings
- Report any technical issues faced to POVA and Rehabilitation Technical Coordinator along with suggestions for improvements
- Provide relevant feedback and analysis on the impact of the trainings.
- Contribute to the analysis of the data extracted from project monitoring tools, in close collaboration with the POVA and PMVA.
- Submit data required for reports, monthly reports and updates as required.
Coordination and Communication
- Maintain a strong link with the Rehabilitation Technical Coordinator and technical coordination through regular communication
- As HI representative in the health facilities, ensure appropriate and effective communication and collaboration with other staff in service
- As requested by PMVA, provide direct rehabilitation to persons with need on the site of intervention, under the technical supervision of the Rehabilitation Technical Coordinator.
- Participate in making assessments of existing rehabilitation services
- Contribute to the development of a relevant and efficient rehabilitation strategy.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Line management: Project officer Victim Assistance
Head of Department: Project Manager Victim Assistance
Collaboration with: Collaboration with Rehabilitation Technical Coordinator, other project staff, MEAL team and Logistics team.
Education: Degree diploma in Physiotherapy
Languages: Excellent Arabic (mandatory), English (strong asset)
- At least 3 years of experience in trauma management
- Experience as a trainer of adults in field of expertise
- Experience in supervision and/or development of IEC material desirable
Know-how (practices) & Interpersonal skills (attitudes)
- Strong communication and creative facilitation skills
- Strong reporting skills
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Basic computer skills demonstrated experience in utilization of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular.
TIME SCHEDULE & DUTY STATION
The working hours are the following
Sunday till Thursday, from 8.00 to 16.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities. It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
This position will be based in Ramadi and will require frequent travels all over Anbar governorate as well as some travel to HI Baghdad office.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassement (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before 12th March 2021 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ –BGD-PTT–559 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Job Reference HI-IRQ –BGD-PTT–559