Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Construction Lead to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
Our CLIENT has an extensive portfolio of onshore pipeline projects that will be executed over the next 3 years. They include more than 120 km of new build pipelines and brownfield modifications to existing assets in Southern Iraq. The projects will be executed by both Iraqi and International contractors, supervised and supported by the our CLIENT pipeline team.
To strengthen the pipeline team, our CLIENT are looking for B2B experienced Pipeline Construction Leads. The job-description:
- Demonstrate continuous HSE leadership – ensuring safe project delivery, building a proactive safety culture and intervening where required;
- Demonstrate Quality leadership – ensuring that projects are delivered to specifications and required quality standards;
- Build local capability by transferring knowledge to our CLIENT Iraqi pipeline engineers and graduates (coaching, advising) and Contractor Personnel;
- Site HSE management;
- Site Construction Management, including managing our CLIENTproject construction team;
- Schedule Control and Progress Reporting coordination;
- Quality management, including reporting coordination and managing Non Conformities;
- Materials management and coordination
- Raise and follow through on Technical Queries. Coordinate between Contractors and our CLIENT and WG Engineers and Technical Authorities
- In country rotation with B2B Pipeline Construction Lead. Currently 6w – 6w, post COVID likely to revert to 4w – 4w.
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum 10 years of Pipeline Construction experience;
- Strong and demonstratable HSE leadership, including coaching of local staff and contractors;
- Self-starting individual with strong motivation for safe, high-quality efficient delivery;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Previous Pipeline Construction Management roles in both Client and Contractor teams;
- Previous experience of managing a client construction team (QA/QC, HSE, local staff)
- Previous working experience for an International Oil & Gas Company ;
- Experienced in executing projects in Iraq or similar environments;
- Preferably experiences in hot-tapping and stoppling execution
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!