Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To develop cost effective pipeline design methods and procedures.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development and provide engineering assistance during construction .
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Pipeline engineering and design.
- Familiar with all pipeline mechanical design calculations.
- To prepare pipeline technical specification.
- To prepare pipeline technical data sheets.
- To prepare Material Requisition.
- Pipeline Material Take Off (MTO).
- Prepare and compile construction work packs.
- Review engineering drawings such as routing, typical construction details, alignment sheets, general arrangement drawings, isometrics and station approach.
- Familiar with site visit and reconnaissance survey.
- Familiar with interfaces with other disciplines.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline.
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred.
- Experience in Conceptual, FEED, Detailed Design and PMC is required.
- Prepare and co-ordinate Pipeline Engineering deliverables including Scope of Work, Data Sheets, Pipeline specifications, Pipeline Stress Analysis and Technical Reports.
- Compliance with Wood procedures and industry, international and Client Codes and standards.
- Onshore Oil & Gas related design experience.
- Thorough awareness of International Design Guidelines and Standards.
- Commercially / contractually aware and able to manage design budgets.
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation.
- Experience of participation in HAZOP & HAZID studies is essential.
- Familiarity with typical software packages that are used in pipeline engineering and designing .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!