Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Hot Tappig and Stoppling Specialist to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
Our CLIENT has an extensive portfolio of onshore pipeline projects that will be executed over the next few years. They include more than 120 km of new build pipelines and brownfield modifications to existing assets. The projects will be executed by both Iraqi and International contractors, supervised and supported by the our CLIENT pipeline team.
Several projects (one in execution, the others in front-end) include a large numbers of high-diameter (up to 48-inch) hot-tapping and stoppling scopes.
Our CLIENT are looking for an experienced Hot-tapping and Stoppling Specialist. The job-description:
- Demonstrate continuous HSE leadership – ensuring safe project delivery, building a proactive safety culture and intervening where required;
- Demonstrate Quality leadership – ensuring that projects are delivered to specifications and required quality standards;
- Build local capability by transferring knowledge to our CLIENT Iraqi pipeline engineers and graduates (coaching, advising) and Contractor Personnel;
- Together with the contractor, develop the required procedures and working method statements to safely execute the hot-tapping and stoppling scopes;
- Review of relevant procedures and engineering documentation from the contractor and international vendors;
- Liaise with our CLIENT Engineering Technical Authorities and Technical Safety Authorities, coming to a combined understanding of risk, risk mitigations and ALARP demonstrations;
- Liaise with the our CLIENT Asset (Operations) organisation and develop required procedures and permitting;
- Supervise hot-tap and stoppling preparation and execution, including Go-No-Go assessment prior to starting;
- Our CLIENT QA&QC coordination, including verification of split-T welding;
- Construction management of associated piping scope, including installation of valves, pig-traps, instrumentation and Cathodic Protection Systems;
- Provide technical advice to projects in Front-End.
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong and demonstratable HSE and Quality leadership;
- Minimum 10-years of demonstratable experience in executing hot-tapping and stoppling scopes,;
- Previous experience working for a hot-tapping and/or stoppling vendor is preferable;
- 15 years of general Piping and/or Pipeline Design and Execution experience;
- Pipeline or Mechanical Engineering educational background or similar;
- Experienced in executing projects in Iraq or similar environments;
- Experienced in applying international pipeline codes and standards and providing engineered design solutions;
- Preferably experiences in further brownfield piping scopes and pipeline design and construction;
- Experienced in pipeline related scope including instrumentation, cathodic protection systems and valves & actuators.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!