Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipeline Project Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
Our CLIENT has an extensive portfolio of onshore pipeline projects that will be executed over the next few years. They include more than 120 km of new build pipelines and brownfield modifications to existing assets. The projects will be executed by both Iraqi and International contractors, supervised and supported by the our CLIENT pipeline team.
To strengthen the pipeline team, our CLIENT are looking B2B experienced Pipeline Project Engineers. The job-description:
- Demonstrate continuous HSE leadership – ensuring safe project delivery, building a proactive safety culture and intervening where required;
- Demonstrate Quality leadership – ensuring that projects are delivered to specifications and required quality standards;
- Build local capability by transferring knowledge to our CLIENT Iraqi pipeline engineers and graduates (coaching, advising) and Contractor Personnel;
- Project and Construction Execution Planning of designated project;
- Authoring or reviewing relevant procedures and engineering documentation;
- Contract Management, including base scope, variations, disputes;
- Cost and Budget control;
- Materials management and coordination;
- Raise and follow-through Technical Queries. Coordinate between Contractors and our CLIENT and WG Engineers and Technical Authorities ;
- Interface Management between Execution contractor and our CLIENT & third parties, including Engineering Team, ERW Team, Social Performance Team and interfaces with other Operators ;
- Support projects in front-end, for example by coordinating field surveys ;
- In country rotation with B2B pipeline engineer. Currently 6w – 6w, post COVID likely to revert to 4w – 4w.
Skills / Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 10 – 15 years of Pipeline Execution experience in Pipeline Project Management, Engineering and/or Construction roles;
- Pipeline or Mechanical Engineering educational background or similar;
- Strong and demonstratable HSE and Quality leadership;
- Experienced in executing projects in Iraq or similar environments;
- Experienced in Contract Management and Cost and Schedule control.
- Experienced in applying international pipeline codes and standards and providing engineered design solutions;
- Preferably experiences in brownfield piping scopes including hot-tapping and stoppling design and execution;
- Experienced in pipeline related scope including instrumentation, cathodic protection systems and valves & actuators
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!