Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Piping Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis 6/1 we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- Preparation and checking of all types of Piping or Layout design deliverables such as General Arrangement Drawings Mechanical Package Drawings, 3D Models in PDMS Piping Arrangement Drawings Piping Isometrics Material Take-Offs, Electrical or Instrument Cable layouts etc
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items
- Produce 2D drawings in AutoCAD
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project’s, and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Mechanical engineering (or relevant subject)
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word
- Experience using PDMS is preferred
- Experience of 3D modelling using E3D is preferred
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Mechanical and/or Piping design deliverables
- Compliance with industry, international and client Codes and Standards
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Onshore Oil and Gas related Mechanical and/or Piping design experience
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards used for Mechanical and/or Piping design in Oil and Gas industry
- Extensive experience with prefabricated, packaged plant design
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!