Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Planner based in Iraq.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
- Support the Team Manager/Supervisor that you are seconded to
- Work with Team Leaders to create accurate medium terms plan and update monthly
- Ensure all short-term plans, up to 90 days, are integrated
- Highlight clashes between activities and facilitate resolution across teams
- Produce an accurate, integrated, fourteen day schedule for execution of work as directed by Team Leads or client
- Affirm all work within the schedule can be completed, by ensuring that all resources in personnel and material are available to liquidate the various workscopes
- Produce plans/schedules, for major one off items of work, giving accurate start and completion dates.
- Liaise with other teams, team planners and vendors, to guarantee accurate integration within the Operations Plan.
- Commence populating clients Materials, Maintenance Management System (MMMS) when directed by Planning Team Leader or client
- Become a super user of the MMMS when selected by client and mentor support other team members in the use of the system
- Ensure work plans and schedules minimise risk and conflict. Schedule multi-discipline jobs such that exposure to risk is eliminated/minimised
- Attend the weekly planning meeting
- Co-ordinate manpower and materials with Project Services Team
- Maintain a visitors calendar for vendors, major sub-contractors, senior Petrofac personnel
- Assist in the development of procedures for the project integrated planning process
- Carry out HSE Audits as directed by the Planning Manager
- Produce a daily task activity report
- Provide input to the project weekly and monthly reports
- Log all corrective maintenance carried out by the project team allocated to as and when it occurs
- Commence the tracking of planned, preventative and predicative maintenance for future operations
- Commence the compilation of a BOM for all materials used against the various tasks
- In liaison with the Materials Controller ensure that critical spares are held in the clients MMMS system with minimum and maximum holdings identified
- In liaison with the Materials Controller ensure that routine and consumable maintenance spares and items are held in the clients MMMS system with minimum and maximum holdings identified
- 5+ years’ experience in project/operations in a planning role.
- HNC/ONC or equivalent in a relevant planning or technical discipline.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- High level of IT knowledge.
- Trained in Primavera.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written briefs and skilled in report writing and compilation.
- Proven analytical skills for problem solving and providing solutions to planning conflicts that ensure all tasks are prioritised to the needs of the team or client.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.