Responsibility for People?
5 days on / 2 days off
Planner will be a member of facilities management team supporting project managers in planning, scheduling work activities as well as reporting on progress.
- To provide planning support to the Project Managers in the preparation and maintenance of detail work programmes.
- Develop and maintain an integrated EPC schedule through Level 1 to 3, covering various project scopes, such as but not limited to: Phase 2 Office, Operations Permanent Modula Building Programme and all infrastructure Projects work plan.
- Work closely with the Contractors during the development of their Contract Control Programs to ensure compliance with all Project Milestones, critical interfaces and Project Co-ordination Procedure.
- Monitor the Contractor’s progress and performance throughout the different project phases.
- Develop and maintain planning and progress measurement systems capable of alerting the Project of any adverse trends.
- Hold regular Planning review meetings with Project Team to review overall project status.
- Develop, prepare and issue weekly and monthly reports to the Project Team and other stakeholders.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Science, Technical or Construction Management degree preferable, but a long-term, broad-based experience background with good references is more important Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver exceptional results in difficult project environments.
- Minimum of 10 years planning experience in civil construction and understanding of the oil field.
- Knowledge of computer based planning tools, e.g. MS Project / Primavera & Monte Carlo including Microsoft suite e.g. Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with the design, procurement and construction aspects of civil construction. Experience of working in Iraq would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to prepare and present to Senior Management the overall status of key project activities.
- Ability to create/update planning control methods and procedures to reflect the latest Project Execution philosophies.
- Familiar with the requirements and structure of Integrated Planning.
- Can reorganise when guidance is required on specific aspects of the work.
- Can interact effectively as a member of the team.
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work longer hours as required.
- Must be “dead-line” oriented.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.