Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Planner with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
We will only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Basra.
Key activities and accountabilities will include:
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project
- Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers.
- Prepare look ahead schedules and reporting early warnings to Project team.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering & Development Team to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Provide engineering and procurement needs to meet construction and shutdown plans
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and CLIENT plan dates that align with the overall project schedule.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting.
- Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Implement and utilize the CLIENT standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Produce Project Planning closeout report and Productivity calculation
- Develop Iraqi staff through training in planning tools and techniques
- Maintain effective interfaces and good working relationships with other project teams.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Hydrocarbon Industry with at least 8 years in Engineering planning positions.
- Must have expert knowledge of manual and computerised project planning and scheduling techniques. P6 experience is necessary
- Knowledge and experience of design, implementation and Hook-up and Commissioning projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably in both onshore and offshore environments
- Excellent Computerised systems skills
- Excellent understanding of project management principles and techniques. Experienced in the supervision of project controls personnel.
- Good understanding of Cost management, Estimating, Change control and Risk analysis
- Meets all competency criteria.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!