Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Planning Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 4/4 weeks off rotation.
To deliver & integrate all Project planning activities/deliverables for a portfolio of brownfield/ greenfield projects. Responsible for delivery of standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.
Key activities and accountabilities will include:
- Deliver and maintain consistent, realistic plans and control structures for the project.
- Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance
- Implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers.
- Prepare look ahead schedules and reporting early warnings to Project team.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering & Development Team to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Provide engineering and procurement needs to meet construction and shutdown plans
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and BGC plan dates that align with the overall project schedule.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting.
- Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Implement and utilize the BGC standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Produce Project Planning closeout report and Productivity
- Develop Iraqi staff through training in planning tools and techniques
- Maintain effective interfaces and good working relationships with other project teams.
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 15 years industry experience in planning positions in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Project execution practical experience (e.g. engineering, controls, C&P, construction).
- Good written and oral communications. Arabic Language skills an advantage.
- Fully versed with Planning principles and techniques and Primavera P6
- Proven interpersonal and relationships skills in complex environments with ability to work with of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in or with NOVs, JVs and NOCs and/or execution in remote/developing locations will be an advantage.
- Able to work across multiple projects largely unsupervised and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure.