NES Fircroft are looking for a Planning Engineer to join a major operator in Iraq on a 28/28 rotation.
- Provide HSE Leadership and work with the contractor to deliver fully on expectations on HSE.
- Prepare project plans with input from major stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain an integrated EPC schedules through Level 1 to 3, covering various project scopes, such as but not limited to: Production Infrastructure (e.g.Flowlines, Manifolds, Pipelines, Tanks), Water Facilities (e.g. Cluster Pump Stations), Oil Facilities (Degassing stations).
- Input to Plan through coordination with Subsurface, Drilling, Projects Production, Field Operations, Technical, Maintenance and Project Development Teams.
- Prepare and maintain the 12-Week Look ahead Schedule as required by Projects, Production, Field Operations, Technical, and Maintenance Teams.
- Develop and maintain planning and progress measurement systems capable of alerting the Project of any adverse trends.
- Work closely with the Contractors during the development of their Contract Control Programs to ensure compliance with all Project Milestones, critical interfaces and Project Co-ordination Procedure.
- Monitor the Contractor’s progress and performance throughout the different project phases.
- Identify and highlight schedule risks in project plans and contractors’ programmes.
- Produce ad hoc programmes, planning what if scenarios, presentations and reports.
- Responsible for projects risk register update and follow-up of mitigation plans with all Projects Team members
- Provide input to weekly and monthly reports.
- Hold regular Planning review meetings with Project Team to review overall project status.
- Monitor the programmes of Engineering & Procurement, Field Construction and contractors.
- Audit contractors’ planning and reporting systems; verify invoiced progress and quantities.
- Facilitate and present information for internal project meetings.
- Involvement in change control process.
- Problem solving.
- Coaching local projects planning personnel in best planning practices.
Main Qualifications required:
- University degree or equivalent qualifications / experience or a minimum of 10 years experience in similar roles in the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrable experience working with Primavera and risk analysis software on projects in the Oil and Gas industry.
Other key requirements:
- Strong communication skills including writing reports and presenting.
- High attention to detail.
- Familiar with transition from bulk commodity installation to system oriented completion.
- Candidates should have knowledge and experience in project management processes.
- Previous experience of working within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline, multi-location environment, desirable.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.