The PMER Assistant will support the PMER Coordinator in compiling information from the 18 Iraqi governorates and in accordance with the overall Federation Global PMER standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the timely completion of all program monitoring, verifications and reporting in compliance with the project’s quality control protocols.
• Support the program teams in the roll-out of databases and data management processes.
• Suggest and implement improvements to Data Management processes in order to increase accuracy and/or simplify/streamline activities.
• Manage field monitors planning, implementation and reporting of spot-checks and re-interviews as part of quality control on data collection.
• Contribute to spot-checks and re-interviews in the field in conjunction with the Field Monitors.
• Support in developing geographic information and spatial analysis products and visuals (using GIS, PowerBI, Adobe Illustrator).
• Ensure data confidentiality and protection according to IFRC Data protection policy.
• Participate in the training and coaching of team leaders and field monitors on tools/protocols and MVR processes on an ongoing basis.
• Support in testing of all new tools within the mobile data collection platforms.
• Provide technical support to the field monitors on the use of mobile data collection.
• Any other duties as assigned from time to time by line manager.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
3. Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, data engineering, social sciences, health or related field – Required
- Further training in PMER or related area – Preferred
- Prior experience in managing and analyzing real-time data related to public health programs – Required
- Hands-on experience in writing qualitative and quantitative reports and communicating complex programmatic information in reader-friendly formats and styles – Required
- Experience in monitoring immunization programs – Preferred
- Proven strong coaching and capacity building skills – Preferred
- 3 years of relevant work experience – Required
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Demonstrated knowledge in building data and information management system – Required
- Experience in managing field-based staff – Preferred
- High level of initiative to innovate and lead in remote and resource-limited settings – Required
- Proven analytical and research skills, including writing high-quality research reports and disseminating results to various stakeholders – Required
- Knowledge and commitment to Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles, and ability to model those Principles in relationships with colleagues and partners and translate them to development practice – Preferred
- Basic understanding of legal framework of humanitarian operations, as well as gender, protection, social or human vulnerability issues – Preferred
- Excellent inter-personal skills and cultural sensitivity – Preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with Strict attention to detail – Required
- Fluently spoken and written English and Arabic – Required
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French ) – Preferred
Competencies and Values
Communication – Collaboration and Teamwork – Creativity and Innovation.
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.